Argentina & Brazil, 7 Days, $300 Airfare Credit*
Deal Number 5420550
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
$100 air credit for every $1000 spent!
Duration 7 days
Availability Valid for select departures 14 March - 15 December 2019
Call 1300 018 390
- 7 Day tour departing Buenos Aires
- 4 Nights accommodation in a hotel
- 2 Nights accommodation in a hotel feature stay
- 6 Breakfasts & 2 Lunches
- Services of a professional and experienced trip leader
- Transport by Private vehicle, Plane, Boat
- Buenos Aires - Full-day guided tour, Tango demonstration by professionaldancers, Tango dance lesson
- Iguazu Falls - Entrance and tour of the Brazilian side of the falls, Entrance and tour of the Argentinian side of the falls
- Iguazu - Guarani community visit
- Rio de Janeiro - Guided tour including Santa Teresa, Selaron Steps, Christ the Redeemer statue and Rio downtown
- BONUS $100 air credit for every $1000 spent!
- Valid for select departures 14 March - 15 December 2019
Buenos Aires - Iguazu Falls - Rio De Janeiro
Day 1 Buenos Aires.
Bienvenidos. Welcome to Argentina. Your adventure begins with an orientation walk around Buenos Aires' Microcentro district at 1pm. Your leader will be waiting in the lobby of your joining point hotel. Pass by historic buildings along the Avenida de Mayo, including the Casa Rosada (Argentina's government house) and perhaps have a coffee in the traditional Cafe Tortoni. Stroll around the picturesque streets of San Telmo and its antique markets. For those unable to arrive on Day 1 by 1pm for the walk, there will be a welcome meeting for the entire group so you can all get aquainted at 6pm. Please look for a note in the hotel lobby or ask reception where it will take place. We'll be collecting everyone's insurance details and next of kin information at this meeting, so ensure you bring these details to provide to your leader. If you're going to be late, please inform hotel reception. Head out tonight and be swept away by the dance of love at an optional tango show. There's a lot to see if you arrive early into the city. Explore the antique markets of San Telmo or browse the museums in the well-to-do neighbourhood of Recoleta. If you're a foodie or a wine connoisseur, take part in the Malbec Trail of Palermo or Gourmet Buenos Aires Food Urban Adventure day tour. Notes: If you can't arrange a flight that will arrive in time, you may wish to arrive a day early so you're able to attend the welcome meeting. We'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability).
Day 2 Buenos Aires.
Enjoy a morning exploring some of Buenos Aires sites with your guide, including the Recoleta Cemetery - the final resting place of some of the city's most famous residents and walk among the tombs and monuments. Walk around La Boca and its well-known 'Caminito' district, before moving on to the lesser-known side of this colourful neighbourhood to visit an artist's gallery. Next, wander the cobbled streets of San Telmo and finish the tour getting to know the most iconic place of Buenos Aires and maybe even Argentina: 'Plaza de Mayo'. Stop for a group lunch at a local NGO, Abriendo Caminos, a social project dedicated to empowering local women by teaching them how to make alfajores (a local delicacy) and employing them in the factory and selling Empanadas since 2001. After lunch, get ready to be captivated by Argentina's most famous dance; the Tango. In a private space a professional Tango couple will explain the dance's origin and history, as well as demonstrating the intimately fluid movements for you. You will then be invited to join an hour long beginner's class to learn some of the basic techniques and understand the rhythm.
Day 3 Iguazu Falls.
Today, in the morning or late morning, fly to Puerto Iguazu in Argentina (2 hours), gateway to the mighty Iguazu Falls. Spend the next two days exploring the falls in depth, seeing them from both the Argentinean and Brazilian sides. The falls are two kilometres in length, and are made up of 275 waterfalls in total, some of which stretch up to 80-metres-high. This makes them both higher than Niagara and wider than Victoria Falls. The Brazilian side of the falls offers great panoramic views of them. For birds-eye views of the falls, you can take an optional helicopter flight over the top of them.
Day 4 Iguazu Falls.
Make an early start, 7.30 am, to visit the Argentinean side of the falls today, which has boardwalks allowing you to get up close and personal with these towering rapids. Choose to get an even more exhilarating look at Iguazu with an optional zodiac boat ride below the falls. Later, at about 3 pm, you'll have to chance to accompany your leader on a visit to a Guarani community. Return to the hotel at approximately 5 pm.
Day 5 Rio De Janeiro.
Today cross the border into Brazil and take an included flight (two hours) from Foz do Iguacu to Rio de Janeiro. Witness the intense green of Guanabara Bay and the beauty of the surrounding slopes of the Corcovado and Sugarloaf that make Rio such a majestic place. Take in the ever-present Portugese influence here, which is especially apparent in the opulent buildings constructed when the Portuguese monarchy fled Europe under the threat of Napolean and took up residence here. Be struck by the contrast between this extravagance and the destitute poverty of the favelas. The white sands of Cobacapana and Ipanema beaches offer an equally interesting snapshot of local life. For some world-renowned live music, Lapa is the place to go and join the locals for some serious dancing.
Day 6 Rio De Janeiro.
At around 9 am, you'll begin a full-day guided tour that spans some of Rio's most iconic sights. Head up to Santa Teresa, a beautiful artistic neighbourhood situated on a hill overlooking the city. While walking the cobbled streets you'll discover eclectic architecture, art galleries and restaurants before stopping by the famous Selaron Stairs. Continue on to Corcovado for an eagle-view of the city from the base of Christ the Reedemer. One of the new Seven Wonders of the World, this enormous white statue stands over Rio, offering sweeping 360-degree views of the city's natural wonders. Lunch will be a typical dish called Feijoada, a stew of black beans, kale and pork. Expect to be finished around 4 pm.
Day 7 Rio De Janeiro.
Your trip comes to an end after breakfast this morning. Please note that you are required to comply with any internal hotel check-out rules before departing.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 April 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
From quick getaways to dream holidays
We're the biggest travel agency south of the equator with access to destinations right around the world. Anywhere you want to go, we can take you there.
Book Now Pay Later!
Where ever you want to fly, cruise, tour or stay, you can holiday sooner with our Interest Free Holidays.
Real People, Real Experience, Real Easy
Our Travel Experts love travel as much as you do. Book with us, knowing you're getting the best advice from the best in the business.