Great Ocean Road & Kangaroo Island
Deal Number 5423396
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Duration 7 days
Company AAT Kings
Availability Valid for select departures 20 - 26 April, 7 - 13 September, 28 September - 4 October 2019
Call 133 133
- 7 Day tour departing Melbourne
- 6 Nights in a quality accommodation
- 6 Full buffet breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 4 Dinners with wine
- Experienced Travel Director and Driver Guide
- Travel by luxury coach
- Airport Transfers
- WAS $2995*, NOW $2750*, SAVE $245*
- Valid for select departures 20 - 26 April, 7 - 13 September, 28 September - 4 October 2019
Melbourne - Warrnambool - Naracoorte - Kangaroo Island - Adelaide - Adelaide Hills and the Barossa
Day 1 Melbourne to Warrnambool.
As this holiday departs early morning from the Crowne Plaza Melbourne, accommodation will need to be pre-booked for the previous night. Embark on one of the world's premier road trips - the Great Ocean Road. Enjoy dramatic coastal scenery, pause in quaint seaside towns, and experience the stunning limestone stacks of the Twelve Apostles that tower just off the coast above the wild Southern Ocean. Learn of the heartbreaking history of Loch Ard Gorge, named after the British clipper ship Loch Ard which ran aground nearby on 1 June 1878. Of the fifty-four passengers and crew on board, only two survived. Later, visit the impressive London Bridge natural rock formation before arriving in the vibrant rural city of Warrnambool. Almost every year between June and September, female Southern Right whales return to the waters of Warrnambool's Logans Beach to calve.
Day 2 Warrnambool to Naracoorte.
Aboriginal cultureThis morning, visit the Worn Gundidj Aboriginal Co-operative at Tower Hill State Game Reserve, where your guide will provide you with an Indigenous perspective on this significant site. Tower Hill is a volcanic formation believed to have erupted about 32,000 years ago, and the Reserve encompasses the volcano, the old lava ow, and wetlands sheltering birdlife, koalas, emus, kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, turtles and possums. Cross the border into South Australia, stopping in Mt. Gambier to see the mysterious Blue Lake. A volcanic crater lake, its waters turn to a vibrant cobalt blue colour in the warmer weather from December to March. Then continue to the Coonawarra wine region, whose first vineyard was planted in 1890. Coonawarra's red wines, particularly its Cabernet Sauvignons, are world- renowned. Enjoy a wine tasting at a local vineyard. The Naracoorte Caves date back 800,000 years and are one of the world's most important fossil sites. You'll hear the fascinating story of how this came to be when you're taken on a guided tour through one of the caves. Your overnight stop is at Naracoorte, a rural town historically reliant largely on sheep, cattle and wheat farming. The town has a number of heritage-listed buildings, including churches, banks and homesteads. The Naracoorte Regional Livestock Exchange is the premier livestock selling centre in South Australia, yarding nearly a hundred thousand head of cattle cattle and 350,000 sheep in 2015-16.
Day 3 Naracoorte to Kangaroo Island.
Journey today to the Fleurieu Peninsula, whose green hills are complemented by rugged clifftops, sandy beaches and the Murray River. Visit the seaside town of Victor Harbour, one of South Australia's popular coastal playgrounds. The Victor Harbour Horse Drawn Tram links the visitor information centre with nearby Granite Island, and is one of the very few horse-drawn tram routes remaining in public transit service anywhere in the world. This afternoon, a ferry takes you to Kangaroo Island, famous for its unspoiled natural beauty and fine local produce. Your final destination is the island's largest town, Kingscote. South Australia's oldest European settlement, it is home to a colony of the smallest penguins in the world, the Little Penguin.
Day 4 Kangaroo Island.
Kangaroo Island, which lies only a short distance off the mainland, is Australia's third-largest island. Explore this natural wonderland today, enjoying stunning coastal scenery and an amazing variety of wildlife. Visit the spectacular Remarkable Rocks, and later Admirals Arch in Flinders Chase National Park. It took thousands of years of erosion to create the Arch, a distinctive rock bridge near the Cape du Couedic Lighthouse on the island's southwest coast, and the boardwalk leading to it is nearly as scenic as the landmark itself. You will then enjoy a sumptuous lunch behind the sand dunes at Vivonne Bay Lodge before heading over to partake in a private Birds of Prey show at Raptor Domain! Put on a glove and have one of the many birds fly to you including kookaburras, owls and falcons or experience holding a wedge tailed eagle and some amazing Australian reptiles. This experience is interactive, educational and fun.
Day 5 Kangaroo Island to Adelaide.
This morning, board your ferry to cross back to the mainland and travel to picturesque Adelaide, the 'City of Churches'. One of the few Australian cities to not have convict history, Adelaide was established as a planned colony of free immigrants, with civil liberties and freedom from religious persecution. Take an orientation tour before checking in to your hotel for the next two nights. Included ChoiceLater, choose one from a range of Included Choice sightseeing experiences. Visit Adelaide Zoo including entry to the Panda enclosure, hear fascinating stories about the early history of Adelaide on a guided walking tour or visit the Art Gallery of South Australia. Later, enjoy an evening meal at any of the city's wonderful local restaurants.
Day 6 Adelaide Hills and the Barossa.
Discover the rolling Adelaide Hills and world-famous Barossa today, stopping first at picturesque Hahndorf, Australia's oldest surviving German settlement. As they were colonial pioneers, the German settlers did not have to adapt to British culture, allowing them to maintain their traditional customs and leisure activities. These influences are still to be seen today in Hahndorf. Continue to the Barossa for lunch at The Company Kitchen, before visiting Jacob's Creek to sample some of their world-famous wines. Travel back to Adelaide through a landscape dotted with stone cottages and olive groves. Tonight, celebrate with your Travel Director at a Farewell Dinner.
Day 7 Adelaide.
Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20th April 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
From quick getaways to dream holidays
We're the biggest travel agency south of the equator with access to destinations right around the world. Anywhere you want to go, we can take you there.
Book Now Pay Later!
Where ever you want to fly, cruise, tour or stay, you can holiday sooner with our Interest Free Holidays.
Real People, Real Experience, Real Easy
Our Travel Experts love travel as much as you do. Book with us, knowing you're getting the best advice from the best in the business.