Perth to Broome Overland, 10 Days, $1 Deposit
Deal Number 5391211
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Deposit for only $1*
Duration 10 days
Availability Valid for select departures 4 January - 30 December 2019
Call 1300 018 390
- 10 day Intrepid small group tour departing Perth - Basix style
- 3 nights accommodation Camping (with facilities)
- 4 nights accommodation in Hostels
- 2 nights accommodation in a Permanent Safari Camp (with shared facilities)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Nambung National Park (Pinnacles) Entrance
- Sandboarding Jurien Bay
- Kalbarri National Park Entrance
- Monkey Mia Dolphins
- Ningaloo Reef Marine Park
- Karijini National Park Entrance
- Transport throughout via an all terrain vehicle
- BONUS Deposit for only $1*
- Valid for select departures 4 January - 30 December 2019
Perth - Kalbarri - Kalbarri National Park - Shark Bay - Monkey Mia - Coral Bay - Yardie Creek - Exmouth - Cape Range National Park - Karijini National Park - Pilbara Region - Broome
Day 1 Perth to Kalbarri.
Welcome to sunny Perth, where your overland journey begins. Leave the city, driving north to Nambung National Park to explore The Pinnacles. These are ancient rock sculptures that rise out of the desert. Journey on to Jurien Bay, where you'll have the opportunity to sand-board down the massive expanse of dunes. From here continue on through Geraldton to the quiet beach town of Kalbarri, where you'll stay the night. Note: Total driving time today is about four-and-a-half hours. Total walking distance is approximately two kilometres.
Day 2 Kalbarri National Park to Shark Bay.
Today take a short drive to Kalbarri National Park. Hike around some of the park's diverse scenery, including Murchison Gorge, the Loop Walk and Nature's Window. Its a steep descent into Z-Bend Gorge. For those seeking even more adventure, there's also an opportunity to abseil (at your own expense). After lunch visit the beautiful Shell Beach, which is one of only two beaches in the world composed entirely of shells. Get back on the road and continue towards Denham and Shark Bay. Note: Total driving time today is about five hours. Total walking distance is approximately five kilometres.
Day 3 Monkey Mia to Coral Bay.
After a short drive across the Peron Peninsula, head to the beach and meet the world famous Monkey Mia dolphins. These friendly dolphins are fed by park rangers and often swim up to the shore several times a day. The next stop is Carnarvon where you'll see the fascinating stromatolites at Hamelin Pool. These marine rock formations are some of the world's oldest and largest living fossils. After a short break, continue along the highway to Coral Bay, which is known as the 'Jewel of the Northwest'. Note: Total driving time today is about six-and-a-half hours. Total walking distance is approximately two kilometres.
Day 4 Coral Bay to Yardie Creek.
Today explore picturesque Coral Bay, home to the World Heritage-listed Ningaloo Reef. Snorkel equipment is available to hire, or you could cruise the reef in a glass-bottom boat to observe the tropical life teeming below the surface. The marine park is home to 250 species of coral and over 500 species of fish. You might prefer to take an optional scenic flight over the reef. In the late afternoon, it's a short drive to our campsite at Yardie Creek in the Cape Range National Park, near Exmouth. Note: Total driving time today is about two hours. Total walking distance is approximately two kilometres.
Day 5 Exmouth to Cape Range National Park.
Spend the morning snorkeling right off the beach in the stunning Cape Range National Park. Depending on the time of year, you have the option to snorkel or scuba dive in search of whale sharks and manta rays. Take a visit to Vlamingh Head Lighthouse, one of the few places in Australia where you can see the sun both rise and set. Enjoy taking wonder around the town of Exmouth before settling down in our permanent campsite. Note: Total driving time today is about two hours. Total walking distance is approximately two kilometres.
Day 6 Karijini National Park.
Head inland today through the vast cattle stations of the Pilbara region. The sparsely populated Pilbara desert is known for its red earth and rich mineral deposits. In the afternoon pass through the little town of Tom Price, which is renowned for its iron ore mining. Continue on to your campsite overlooking the magnificent Hamersley Range in Karijini. Before you go to sleep, take a minute to gaze up at one the most magnificent night skies you're ever likely to see. Today's travel will take around eight hours in total.
Day 7 Karijini National Park.
Over the next two days explore the almighty gorges of Karijini National Park. Formed over 2,500 million years ago, the Hamersley Ranges feature some of the most unusual landforms on Earth. You'll be able to take some great photographs while you're here. Hike deep into the gorges, where you'll come across cascading waterfalls and fresh waterholes ideal for swimming in. Dales Gorge and Circular Pool, Fortescue Falls, Fern Pool and Weano Gorge are just some of the places you can visit. This part of the journey is a real highlight. Note: Total driving time today is around two hours but you could be walking up to six kilometres.
Day 8 Karijini National Park.
Head back into the gorges today for further exploration. Sing a tune in the natural amphitheatre caused by curved gorge walls, then make your way down to Hancock Gorge. Named after the Australian tycoon Lang Hancock, this is a narrow inlet of red rocks leading to a refreshing waterhole. Note: Total driving time today is only around 30 minutes, but you could be walking up to six kilometres.
Day 9 Pilbara Region.
Depart Karijini this morning and travel towards the coast (approximately four hours in total). Visit the iron ore port of Port Hedland, the second most populated town in the Pilbara. Take a quick tour of the town and gain an understanding of the scale of the iron ore industry. After lunch continue on to a nearby station, where you'll spend the last night of your trip. Today we drive for about five hours
Day 10 Broome.
The drive to your final destination of Broome will take around six hours. En route, enjoy a leisurely break and stroll along the immense 80-Mile Beach. On arrival into Broome, say goodbye to your fellow travellers and enjoy an idyllic Broome sunset - a fitting end to your overland adventure. There are no more activities planned for today.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 February 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation is based on twin or multi share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
From quick getaways to dream holidays
We're the biggest travel agency south of the equator with access to destinations right around the world. Anywhere you want to go, we can take you there.
Book Now Pay Later!
Where ever you want to fly, cruise, tour or stay, you can holiday sooner with our Interest Free Holidays.
Real People, Real Experience, Real Easy
Our Travel Experts love travel as much as you do. Book with us, knowing you're getting the best advice from the best in the business.