Backroads to Yangshuo, 11 Days
Deal Number 5238203
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Duration 11 days
Company World Expeditions
Availability Valid for select departures 10 December 2018 - 9 December 2019
Call 133 133
- 11 day tour departing Guangzhou
- 10 nights accommodation in comfortable well located hotels
- 10 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 2 dinners
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- 21 speed touring bikes
- Back up vehicle while cycling
- Medical kit
- Services of expert bilingual guides throughout (for smaller groups of 2 - 5 passengers we employ expert local guides in each location)
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicles
- Valid for select departures 10 December 2018 - 9 December 2019
Guangzhou - Zhoaqing - Zhaoqing - Si Hui - Qing Yuan - Jiu Long - Yangshan - Lianshan - Zhongshan - Yangshuo
Day 1 Guangzhou.
On arrival you will need to make your own way to the group hotel. The remainder of the day is at leisure to explore Guangzhou before we meet in the hotel lounge at approx 6.30pm for a trip briefing with the group leader.
Day 2 Zhoaqing.
This morning we transfer by coach out of hectic streets of Guangzhou to begin our cycle. We cycle for the rest of the day with ample opportunity for breaks before arriving in Zhoaqing. Throughout the entire trip there will always be the backup support of a vehicle, so for those times when you are feeling a little lethargic, or where road conditions make it difficult to cycle, you may ride in the mini bus. Approx: 60km cycling.
Day 3 Zhaoqing.
Today we visit Star Lake Park and the nature reserve of Mt Dinghu. We will have the opportunity to visit a 300 year old Buddhist monastery on the mountain, where we will have a vegetarian feast for lunch, before returning to Zhaoqing for the evening. Approx: 20km cycling.
Day 4 Si Hui to Qing Yuan.
We begin the day with a drive out of Zhaoqing to the small town of Si Hui, where we begin our cycling. We cycle to Qing Yuan, through classic rural China. The road weaves past high bamboo forests and small villages, the ubiquitous rice paddy fields and vegetable gardens. Approx: 70km cycle.
Day 5 Jiu Long.
From Qing Yuan we drive out of town before cycling approximately to Jiu Long. The countryside in this area is stunning with lime stone karst mountains towering over fields and villages. From Jiu Long we venture on a beautiful ride around Guan Yin Crag and back to Liu Long to complete an exhilarating day of cycling If we want to cycle further, we need to start riding earlier. We may cycle 35 km to Jiu Long instead of 10 km. There's a 10 km ride visiting Guan Yin Crag and an optional 25 km ride around Jiu Long area (Little Guilin). Approx: 40 - 70km cycle depending on optional rides.
Day 6 Yangshan.
We spend the day cycling on remote backroads to Yangshan through some of the regions most sublime karst scenery- the kind that has kept Chinese poets and painters inspired for centuries The terrain is undulating with a few hills amongst a spectacular rural landscape. Approx: 80km cycle.
Day 7 Lianshan.
Today we cycle to Lianshan through a Yao (a minority group in China) area. We will have plenty of time to wander through the local markets and observe the Yao people who are set apart from the rest of the population by their culture, traditions and distinctive facial features. The Yao minority still live very traditional lives, relatively untouched by Western influences. The cycling is relatively easy but does wind through mountainous terrain. The road fluctuates between paved and dirt surfaces until we arrive at the base of three significant hills, which are usually not tackled by bike. Over these mountains is where we encounter stunning scenery as we cycle through pristine countryside. We will drive a short distance in the middle of the day as not to miss the last section of terraced rice paddies, small villages and local people go about their daily life with lush undulating mountains setting the perfect backdrop to this spectacular day. Approx: 100km cycle.
Day 8 Zhongshan.
After a short drive we enjoy a beautiful smooth days riding on well paved roads soaking in the relaxed ambiance of rural China as people go about their every day lives around us. We arrive in the town of Zhongshan, which like many of the small towns we visit on our cycling days are fascinating not so much for their tourist attraction but for the fact that there are likely to be no tourists at all Approx: 80km cycle.
Day 9 Yangshuo.
Yangshuo is an idyllic town set amidst limestone pinnacles and rice paddies. The surrounding region is very beautiful, spotted with small villages and imposing karst rock formations. The village itself has fantastic shopping and restaurants, and lively ambiance. The cycle route to Yangshuo is along undulating roads and will take us most of the day from Zhongshan. Approx: 80km cycle.
Day 10 Yangshuo.
In the morning we will set off on our bikes to Moon Hill, located a short distance from town. We will spend some time walking on the top of the hill to gain a bird's eye view of the beautiful surrounding area. From here we will walk downhill, back to our bikes and continue riding in a loop on Moon Hill road through the countryside of rice paddy fields, returning back to Yangshuo by lunchtime. After lunch in Yangshuo, we will drive 2 km out of town to come to the Li River, where we board a small boat and cruise downstream to Fu Li town (approximately 2 hours). On arrival at Fu Li town we walk around before driving back to Yangshuo by late afternoon. Approx: 30km cycle.
Day 11 Yangshuo.
After breakfast our trip concludes. Transfers can be organised to the nearest airport in Guilin (for an additional charge).
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 December 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
From quick getaways to dream holidays
We're the biggest travel agency south of the equator with access to destinations right around the world. Anywhere you want to go, we can take you there.
Book Now Pay Later!
Where ever you want to fly, cruise, tour or stay, you can holiday sooner with our Interest Free Holidays.
Real People, Real Experience, Real Easy
Our Travel Experts love travel as much as you do. Book with us, knowing you're getting the best advice from the best in the business.