Manatee Amazon Explorer Cruise, SAVE $280*
Deal Number 5406949
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Duration 3 nights
Company Chimu Adventures
Availability Valid for select departures 1 January - 31 December 2019
Call 133 133
- 3 nights accommodation on board the Manatee Amazon Explorer
- All meals onboard the ship
- All scheduled landings/excursions with certified naturalist guide
- Return transfers from Coca Airport to pier
- WAS $2809*, NOW $2529*, SAVE $280*
- Valid for select departures 1 January - 31 December 2019
Arrive Coca - Panacocha Biological Corridor - Parrot Clay Licks - Amazonian Communities - Disembarkation
Day 1 Arrive Coca & Embarkation
On arrival at Coca Airport, you will be met by a representative from MV Manatee and transferred to the dock.
Board a motorized canoe to begin the journey down the river for approximately an hour and a half, taking in the first sights and sounds of the Amazon.
After boarding and once settled in, you will be joined by expert local naturalist guides who will provide you with a brief and informative introduction to the Ecuadorian Amazon, after which you will have your first opportunity to discover the exciting features of the cruise ship: spacious social areas, comfortable suites, and the observation deck that allows you to admire the changing rainforest landscape as we glide down the Napo River.
After dinner, plunge straight into the Amazon by going for a nighttime forest walk to observe the forest�s nocturnal activity and experience the thrill of the vivid noises and aromas that come from so much biodiversity.
Day 2 Panacocha Biological Corridor
Cruise downstream to the Pa�ayacu River delta, where you will take a canoe trip to experience the sights of this fascinating water reserve.
Pa�acocha Lake is an ecosystem flooded by blackwaters. Pa�acocha means �Piranha Lake� in the native Quechua language. The surrounding protected Rainforest is home to 9 species of primates, 500 species of birds and more than 100 fish species. This is the perfect habitat for Piranhas, the Water Monkey Fish (Arawana) and the White Caiman.
In this little piece of paradise, participate in nature walks led by local naturalist guides, and relax at a nearby campsite to enjoy a delicious Amazon-style BBQ and refreshing beverages.
After lunch, do some kayaking, and the bravest among you will enjoy a nice refreshing swim in the Piranha Lake.
Back on board the M/V Manatee Amazon Explorer, you will have the opportunity to attend a lecture given by the concierge and watch an educational documentary about the region.
Day 3 Parrot Clay Licks to Amazonian Communities
This morning, set out on canoes to observe one of the most incredible sights on this side of the Western Amazon � the Parrot Clay Licks.
This unique place is rich in minerals and attracts hundreds of colourful parrots, parakeets and amazon birds, every day.
Later, visit a Quechua Cultural Center, where you will learn about Amazon communities and their ancestral culture, traditions, and cuisine. Members of the local community will teach you about indigenous lifestyles along the Napo River and have the opportunity to support the local community by purchasing handicrafts, local products, and souvenirs.
Before sunset, visit an observation tower in the rainforest canopy, which offers an astonishing 360-degree view of the Amazon basin and is the perfect photo opportunity. Birdwatchers and bird-lovers alike will especially enjoy this outing.
Day 4 Disembarkation & Return to Coca
After breakfast, disembark the M/V Manatee and take the motorized canoe back to Coca (one-and-a-half-hour ride).
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 February 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
From quick getaways to dream holidays
We're the biggest travel agency south of the equator with access to destinations right around the world. Anywhere you want to go, we can take you there.
Book Now Pay Later!
Where ever you want to fly, cruise, tour or stay, you can holiday sooner with our Interest Free Holidays.
Real People, Real Experience, Real Easy
Our Travel Experts love travel as much as you do. Book with us, knowing you're getting the best advice from the best in the business.