2 FOR 1 Deal*
Duration 10 days
Company On The Go Tours
Availability Valid for select departures 17 April - 21 August 2018
- 10 day tour departing Cairo
- 8 nights accommodation in hotels
- 1 night accommodation onboard a 1st class overnight sleeper train
- Breakfast daily
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Services of an Egyptian tour guide degree qualified in Egyptology
- Airport arrival and departure transfer
- Transport by private modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Discount applies when there are 2 people travelling, sharing a room on the same tour, on the same travel dates
- WAS $1475*, NOW $734*, SAVE $734*
- Valid for select departures 17 April - 21 August 2018
Cairo - Luxor - Hurghada
See the best of ancient Egypt, exploring pyramids, temples and the Valley of the Kings, combined with four days of blissful Red Sea relaxation by the beach in Hurghada.
Day 1 Cairo.
Marhaba, welcome to Egypt and the start of your holiday! Arrive Cairo, included transfer to hotel and check in. Afternoon and evening at leisure.
Day 2 Cairo to Luxor.
A big day out at the pyramids and sphinx at Giza. Perhaps opt to hire a camel! Later we travel to Saqqara, to explore the myriad of tombs and temples at the site and see Zhoser's step pyramid - constructed by Imhotep, the pharaoh's chief architect in 2700 BC. Later there is time for dinner before travelling on the overnight sleeper train to Luxor.
Day 3 Luxor.
We arrive into Luxor and check into our hotel. Home of the legendary Valley of the Kings and Temple of Karnak, 4000 year-old Luxor is ancient Egypt at its best. This afternoon you can explore Luxor on foot following the waterside corniche, relax by the pool or maybe stop for drink at one of the many Nile side cafes and tea houses. Tonight, there is an optional visit to view the Temple of Luxor at night. Book and pay locally. Remainder of the evening at leisure.
Day 4 Luxor.
You can opt to float over Luxor in a hot air balloon first thing this morning before we visit Luxor's famous West Bank. The twin seated statues known as the Colossi of Memnon are the first site we'll see before we visit the legendary Valleys of the Kings and the imposing limestone, colonnaded Temple of Hatshepsut. Hatshepsut was one of only 3 Egyptian ruling queens. The most famous tomb in the Valley of the Kings is that of the boy-King Tutankhamen. Archaeologist Howard Carter discovered his intact and treasure -filled tomb in 1922. After exploring the West Bank we take a break before visiting the colossal Temple of Karnak.
Day 5 Luxor to Hurghada.
Departing Luxor we head east to Hurghada part of the beautiful Red Sea Riviera for 4 days on the beach!
Day 6-8 Hurghada.
Sun, Sea & Sand - The next 3 days are free to explore Hurghada or simply relax. On Day 6 there's an optional day trip to Giftun Island for swimming and snorkelling, which can be booked locally. Hurghada is one of the most popular Red Sea resorts. Hotels and expanded infrastructure provide holidaymakers with excellent aquatic facilities for sail boarding, yachting, deep-sea fishing, SCUBA diving and snorkeling and Hurghada's central location provides a gateway to prime offshore reefs, which are some of the finest in the world. Hurghada also has plenty of restaurants and late night bars for evening entertainment. Just outside town is an ancient Roman quarry called Mons Porphyritis and Port Safarga - a famously windy place which is ideal for windsurfing.
Day 9 Hurghada to Cairo.
This morning we depart Hurghada and head back to Cairo. We take a guided tour of the enlightening Egyptian Museum, where you can see the famed solid gold death mask of King Tutankhamun and opt to visit the Royal Mummy room.
Day 10 Cairo.
Hotel check out and included onward transfer to airport.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 March 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Full payment is required within 48 hours of booking unless otherwise stipulated and 100% cancelation fees apply on this 241 deal. 2 pax must book the same tour on the same itinerary/date to qualify for the deal. International flights are not included.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
We won't be beaten on price
Our Lowest Airfare Guarantee ensures you always get the best deal which means you save money.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With over 700 stores in Australia, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.