King Ramses, 13 Days, SAVE $284*
Deal Number 5453919
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Duration 13 days
Company On The Go Tours
Availability Valid for select departures 4 May - 31 August 2019. Other travel dates available at a seasonal surcharge.
Call 1300 018 390
- 13 day tour departing Cairo
- 9 nights accommodation in 4- or 5-star Hotels
- 2 nights accommodation onboard a Felucca (open deck)
- 1 night accommodation onboard an Aswan Overnight Sleeper Train (Private 2 Berth Sleeper Cabin)
- Breakfast daily, 2 lunches and 2 dinners
- 4 days in Hurghada - Red Sea stay
- Touring of Cairo, Giza, Saqqara, Aswan and Luxor
- Escorted by an Egyptian tour guide degree qualified in Egyptology
- Airport arrival and departure transfer
- All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles
- WAS $1895*, NOW $1611*, SAVE $284*
- Valid for select departures 4 May - 31 August 2019. Other travel dates available at a seasonal surcharge.
Cairo - Giza - Aswan - the Nile - The Nile - Kom Ombo - Luxor - Valley of the Kings - Red Sea Riviera - Hurghada
Day 1 Cairo.
Welcome to Egypt Upon arrival in Cairo you will be transferred to your hotel.
Day 2 Cairo to Giza to Aswan.
Start the day with a visit to Al Jizah, the famous Giza Plateau to see the iconic pyramids and Sphinx. Next we explore the sand-strewn tombs and temples of the ancient necropolis of Saqqara, home to the Zhoser's step pyramid. This evening we travel by overnight sleeper train to Aswan.
Day 3 Aswan.
After arrival into Aswan and hotel check-in we enjoy a boat trip to Agilika Island where we visit the Temples of Philae, dedicated to the goddess Isis. Spend the remainder of the evening at your own leisure; shop in the colourful souqs or simply kick back and relax.
Day 4 Aswan to the Nile.
Nile felucca cruise. Early birds can go on an optional excursion to the majestic Temple of Abu Simbel. The gargantuan rock-cut temple at Abu Simbel was created to revere the mighty pharaonic ruler King Ramses II. Guarding the entrance to the temple, the four colossal statues of Ramses II sit majestically, staring out across the desert. In the afternoon we board a felucca for a 2-night journey downstream the River Nile, stopping at villages and islands along the way. If sailing by felucca is not your style, navigate the River Nile onboard a 5 star Nile Cruiser with private cabin and ensuite bathroom. See our Nile Cruise Upgrade for more info.
Day 5 The Nile to Kom Ombo.
Spend a relaxing day sailing the Nile. Admire the views, go for a swim and chill out in the sun on deck. Let your troubles melt away, as the felucca plies its route. In the afternoon we dock near Kom Ombo and take a motorboat to visit the temple, which is dedicated to the crocodile headed god - Sobek, before returning to the felucca for the night.
Day 6 Kom Ombo to Luxor.
This morning we disembark and continue to Luxor. Home of the legendary Valley of the Kings and Temple of Karnak, 4000 year-old Luxor is ancient Egypt at its best. Enjoy some rest and relaxation. Tonight, an optional visit to the Temple of Luxor is available alternatively, enjoy the facilities of our hotel.
Day 7 Valley of the Kings.
This morning we explore the West Bank of the Nile and the legendary Valley of the Kings. Marvel at Colossi of Memnon, the massive stone remains of the temple of Amenophis III, and explore the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut and surrounding tombs. After lunch we visit the Temple of Karnak, a spectacular religious complex built on a gigantic scale, where you get lost wandering around the stone papyrus columns. The rest of the evening is at leisure.
Day 8 Red Sea Riviera.
Luxor - Hurghada. Departing Luxor we drive east to Hurghada part of the beautiful Red Sea Riviera for 4 days on the beach
Day 9-11 Hurghada.
The next 3 days are free to explore Hurghada or simply relax. On Day 9 there's an optional day trip to Giftun Island for swimming and snorkelling, which can be booked locally. Hurghada is one of the Red Sea's most popular resorts and it is easy to see why. Hotels and expanded infrastructure provide holidaymakers with excellent aquatic facilities for sail boarding, yachting, deep-sea fishing, SCUBA diving and snorkeling. Hurghada's central location provides a gateway to prime offshore reefs, which are some of the finest in the world. Hurghada also has plenty of restaurants and late night bars for evening entertainment. Just outside Hurghada is an ancient Roman quarry called Mons Porphyritis and Port Safarga - a famously windy place which is ideal for windsurfing.
Day 12 Hurghada to Cairo.
This morning we depart Hurghada and head back to Cairo. We take a guided tour of the enlightening Egyptian Museum, where you can see the famed solid gold death mask of King Tutankhamun and opt to visit the Royal Mummy room.
Day 13 Cairo.
After breakfast, hotel check-out and onward transfer to the airport.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 April 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details.
- Local payments may be additional on arrival..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
From quick getaways to dream holidays
We're the biggest travel agency south of the equator with access to destinations right around the world. Anywhere you want to go, we can take you there.
Book Now Pay Later!
Where ever you want to fly, cruise, tour or stay, you can holiday sooner with our Interest Free Holidays.
Real People, Real Experience, Real Easy
Our Travel Experts love travel as much as you do. Book with us, knowing you're getting the best advice from the best in the business.