Balkan Delight, 12 Days, SAVE $471*
Deal Number 5158944
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Duration 12 days
Availability Only on 14 July 2018. Other travel dates available at a seasonal surcharge.
- 12 day Trafalgar guided holiday departing Zargreb
- 11 nights accommodation in a Hotel
- Many meals including breakfast daily
- Sightseeing and inclusions as per itinerary
- The services of a professional Travel Director
- Luxury transportation throughout
- WAS $3925*, NOW $3454*, SAVE $471*
- Only on 14 July 2018. Other travel dates available at a seasonal surcharge.
Zagreb - Sarajevo - Mostar - Dubrovnik - Montenegro - Split - Trogir - Plitvice
Day 1 Zagreb.
Welcome to Zagreb. Spend the afternoon relaxing or exploring the city. This evening, meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and evening orientation drive including a stroll around Ban Jela?i? Square. This will be the perfect introduction to this fascinating city.
Day 2 Zagreb.
Zagreb is a traditional medieval European city with a wealth of historic monuments. Your Local Specialist shows you the highlights including the upper and lower town, the majestic Cathedral, Archbishop's Palace, St. Mark's Church and the Opera House. Spend free time exploring the winding streets of the Old Town or consider an excursion into the surrounding countryside.
Day 3 Zagreb to Sarajevo.
Travel south from Croatia into Bosnia and Herzegovina before arriving in the fascinating capital city Sarajevo. Due to its rich religious and cultural history Sarajevo is often called the Jerusalem of Europe. The city contains synagogues, mosques, Orthodox as well as Catholic churches - all in one city. In 1914 the city was the site of the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand which prompted the start of the First World War. This evening enjoy dinner at your hotel.
Day 4 Sarajevo.
Enjoy an insider tour of the Sarajevo war tunnels with a Local Specialist. During the siege of the city in the early 1990s, the tunnel was constructed by the Bosnian Army in order to link neighborhoods in the city of Sarajevo. This allowed food, war supplies and humanitarian aid to come into the city, and people to get out. Hear some of the incredible stories to come out of the city during this time and enjoy a guided walking tour of the old town with your Local Specialist. Later you will have free time to explore this fascinating city on your own.
Day 5 Sarajevo to Mostar to Dubrovnik.
This morning after breakfast travel towards the Dalmatian coast and the spectacular city of Dubrovnik. Stop en route to see the magnificent bridge at Mostar. This city grew up around a trade and bridging point over the Neretva. Mostar is named after this Old Bridge, the 'Stari Most', built by Sinan the great Ottoman architect and one of Bosnia and Herzegovina's most recognisable landmarks. Destroyed during the war, it has been rebuilt using the same methods as during the 16th century. After free time to explore the town, continue on towards Dubrovnik.
Day 6 Dubrovnik.
This morning experience the delights of this stunning medieval city. Enjoy a Small Group Sightseeing walking tour of the main sights with a Local Specialist. Admire the Rector's Palace, the city walls, Onofrio's Fountain and the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries. A special Be My Guest experience awaits you at the village of Osojnik where you meet the Muhoberac family whose ancestors have lived in the village for over 500 years. Your hosts will prepare a delicious meal in the traditional way with fresh aromatic Mediterranean herbs accompanied by home?made beverages.
Day 7 Dubrovnik to Montenegro.
Travel to the Republic of Montenegro where you will meet a Local Specialist and enjoy a scenic day. Head towards the mouth of the beautiful Bay of Kotor, the longest and deepest fjord in Southern Europe. Explore the town of Kotor, a medieval city with charming streets and squares. Later travel to the coast for a short stop in the village of Budva before returning to Dubrovnik.
Day 8 Dubrovnik to Split.
Depart Dubrovnik and travel north along the spectacular Adriatic coast, past old fishing villages and modern resorts, to Split. Enjoy a city tour with a Local Specialist featuring the historic inner city, built around the Roman Emperor Diocletian's Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See the remnants of Split is Roman heritage, its Renaissance and Gothic structures, Jupiter's Temple, the Peristyle and the Cathedral. The evening is free for you to dine at the local restaurant of your choice or you might want to join an Optional Experience to explore some traditional Dalmatian flavours.
Day 9 Split.
Spend your free day as you wish. Consider a full day Optional Experience offered by your Travel Director. Or experience a taste of Dalmatian life as it is really lived by joining the locals to eat a traditional 'Marenda' brunch, strolling along the Riva seafront and exploring the narrow streets hiding a multitude of galleries, restaurants and cafes.
Day 10 Split to Trogir to Plitvice.
This morning visit Trogir with a Local Specialist. A picturesque stone town on a small island that is connected to the mainland and the island of ?iovo by bridges. The old UNESCO World Heritage town is a treasure trove for lovers of art, Renaissance and Baroque buildings and Romanesque churches. Later, travel to the forested National Park of Plitvice where you dine tonight at your hotel.
Day 11 Plitvice to Zagreb.
Join your Local Specialist on a walking tour in Plitvice National Park. At this spectacular UNESCO World Heritage site, see lakes of crystal clear water in many colourful shades of green, grey and blue which are linked by waterfalls. Arrive later in Zagreb, where you join your travelling companions and Travel Director for a celebratory Farewell Dinner.
Day 12 Zagreb.
Say farewell to your companions as this memorable trip comes to an end. Transfers are available to Zagreb Airport. Conditions apply.
Departure dates and Pricing
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price||Enquire|
|Sat 14th July, 201814/07/2018||-01/01/1970||-|
Ask an expert
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 April 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
We won't be beaten on price
Our Lowest Airfare Guarantee ensures you always get the best deal which means you save money.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With over 700 stores in Australia, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.