German Christmas Markets, 8 Days, SAVE $150*
Deal Number 5172851
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Duration 8 days
Availability Selected departures 23 November - 13 December 2018
- 8 days Trafalgar guided holiday departing Frankfurt
- 7 nights accommodation in Hotels
- Breakfast daily and 4 dinners
- Enjoy priority access and a 360 degree bird's-eye view over such landmarks as the Berliner Dom, Brandenburg Gate and Checkpoint Charlie from Berlin's famous TV Tower before it opens to the general public
- The services of an experienced Travel Director and local specialist
- Luxury transportation throughout
- WAS $1995*, NOW $1845*, SAVE $150*
- Selected departures 23 November - 13 December 2018
Frankfurt - Rothenburg - Nuremberg - Eisenach - Weimar - Dresden - Dresden Christmas Markets - Leipzig - Berlin
Travel to the fairy-tale land of Germany's Christmas markets, sharing the festive season spirit and gemutlichkeit of the locals amidst magical fairy lights, rousing oompah music and the spicy scents of gluhwein, steamy bratwurst and gingerbread hearts to beat the winter chill.
Day 1 Frankfurt.
Welcome to Germany and the start of your magical trip to experience the festive markets. Each year in November and December the atmosphere builds through Germany with the start of Christmas celebrations. Towns and villages are decorated, Christmas markets open and the wonderful aroma of Stollen and Gluhwein is experienced around every corner. After check-in this afternoon, your Travel Director will take you on an orientation tour of the city's dynamic financial centre and medieval Romerplatz. Later, meet with your fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception with drinks and a light meal.
Day 2 Frankfurt to Rothenburg to Nuremberg.
Travel to Bavaria and arrive in the medieval walled town of Rothenburg. Enjoy an orientation walk with your Travel Director where you will see traditional half-timbered houses and the old Town Hall. Try traditional cuisine or shop for gifts during your free time at the Reiterlesmarkt. This afternoon continue to Nuremberg and admire the mighty ramparts and St Sebald's Church before visiting Germany's most famous Christmas market in the main square. The market sells arts and crafts as well as Zwetschgenmannle - decorative figurines made out of prunes.
Day 3 Nuremberg to Eisenach (Wartburg Castle) to Erfurt to Weimar.
A very atmospheric Christmas market is held in the courtyard of the impressive UNESCO World Heritage Wartburg Castle in Eisenach. Enjoy typical German food, beverages, crafts, music and entertainment. Later travel to see the largest Christmas market in the province of Thuringia. This medieval market takes place on Cathedral Square in Erfurt with the impressive background of St Mary's Cathedral and St Severus Church. These form the perfect backdrop for more than 200 stalls and a big Ferris wheel. See the 120m long Merchants' Bridge (Kramerbrucke) which has 32 houses along its length - the longest inhabited bridge in Europe. This evening in Weimar enjoy the taste and smells throughout the historic market square of this UNESCO World Heritage town. Dine tonight at your hotel.
Day 4 Weimar to Dresden.
After a leisurely morning in Weimar, travel to Dresden ? known as Florence on the Elbe. Spend time seeing the highlights of this astonishing city including the Opera House and Zwinger Palace. Tonight you may want to sample some traditional German food at a local restaurant.
Day 5 Dresden Christmas Markets.
A blaze of lights, the aroma of mulled wine and Christmas songs. This is the magic of Dresden's Striezelmarkt which is Germany's oldest Christmas market. On the second weekend in advent the locals pay homage to the Christmas pastry which originated in their city, the original Dresdner Christstollen. Taste typical Saxon delicacies and buy traditional handicrafts in the market found in the heart of this Baroque city. Immerse yourself in the festive atmosphere.
Day 6 Dresden to Leipzig to Berlin.
Just as it was 500 years ago, the Leipzig Christmas market blends into the historic backdrop of Leipzig city centre. With more than 250 decorated stalls, it lives up to its reputation as one of the biggest and most interesting Christmas markets in Germany. After time to explore you will later make your way to Berlin - a vibrant and fascinating city.
Day 7 Berlin.
This morning enjoy a Cultural Insight experience with fantastic 360 views of the city from the Berlin TV Tower. Marvel at the landmarks of the old East and West sections of Berlin during your sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. See the Brandenburg Gate, Unter den Linden Boulevard, the Reichstag building, Tiergarten and the shopping and entertainment district of Kurfurstendamm. Spend the rest of your day exploring on your own and shopping for souvenirs or perhaps join Berlin's Secret Past Optional Experience. This evening join your companions and Travel Director for a delicious festive Farewell Dinner with wine.
Day 8 Berlin.
Say Auf Wiedersehen to your travelling companions as you return home full of festive spirit. Morning transfers are available to Berlin Tegel Airport. Conditions apply.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 August 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
We won't be beaten on price
Our Lowest Airfare Guarantee ensures you always get the best deal which means you save money.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With over 700 stores in Australia, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.