Glacier Express & St Moritz, 12 Days
Deal Number 5164657
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
SAVE $1,000 per couple* + Early Payment Discount of $200 per person*
Duration 12 days
Availability Only on 1 October 2019.
- 12 day tour departing London
- 11 nights in premium accommodation
- 11 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 9 dinners
- Standard Premier Class on Eurostar (includes a light lunch)
- First Class rail travel as indicated, including on the iconic Glacier Express
- St Moritz Travel Pass and First Class Swiss Travel Pass
- Take the historic Bernina Express railway from St Moritz to Tirano in Italy
- Travel on the famous Glacier Express from St Moritz to Zermatt and enjoy lunch onboard
- Ride the Gornergrat Mountain Railway
- Cruise to the island of Isola Pescatore on Lake Maggiore
- Services of a Great Rail Journeys Tour Escort and expert local guides
- Airport transfers, tipping and porterage within Switzerland
- BONUS SAVE $1,000 per couple* + Early Payment Discount of $200 per person*
- Only on 1 October 2019.
London - Cologne - St Moritz - First Class Rail aboard the Bernina Express - Tirano - First Class Rail aboard the Glacier Express - Zermatt - Gornergrat Mountain Railway - Stresa - Lake Maggiore - Isola Pescatore - Colmar - Eurostar
Day 1 London.
Arrive in London, where you'll be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. Then, you'll have the rest of the day at leisure. Tonight meet your Tour Manager and enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. Stay: London, Ambassadors Bloomsbury Hotel
Day 2 London to Cologne.
Depart St Pancras International by Eurostar for Brussels, then change trains and continue on your journey by First Class rail to the German city of Cologne. Enjoy an overnight stay in this beautiful city, known as the region's cultural hub. Stay: Cologne, Maritim Hotel.
Day 3 Cologne to St Moritz.
Today you'll travel one of the largest cities in Switzerland, Basel, then start the picturesque ascent through the Swiss Alps to glamorous St Moritz, nestled in the Upper Engadine Valley. This elegant and exclusive resort town is continuously frequented by royalty. On arrival, take a short stroll to your hotel, which overlooks a shimmering lake. Stay: Three Nights: St Moritz, Hotel Schweizerhof
Day 4 St Moritz to First Class Rail aboard the Bernina Express to Tirano.
From St Moritz, you'll join the historic narrow-gauge Bernina Express for a railway journey on the Bernina Line. The railway line has been awarded World Heritage status thanks to the incredible civil engineering required to create it, as well as the breathtaking scenery surrounding it. The ascent takes you through the Albula Tunnel and over the stunning Bernina Pass. Enjoy wonderful views of the snow-capped peaks and turquoise glacial lakes as we travel to Tirano in Italy. You'll have some free time in Tirano before returning to St Moritz. Insider Experience: Pass mighty glaciers, rushing mountain streams and flower-filled alpine meadows on the superb Bernina Line.
Day 5 St Moritz.
With time at leisure today, you'll have the opportunity to explore St Moritz by cable car. Or, you may wish to ascend the mighty Diavolezza, which offers stunning views over the surrounding peaks. Alternatively, explore the mountains further afield with discounted fares using your St Moritz Travel Pass.
Day 6 St Moritz to First Class Rail aboard the Glacier Express to Zermatt.
On leaving St Moritz aboard the Glacier Express, descend towards the valley floor, emerging from a rock tunnel to cross the impressive Landwasser Viaduct and travel into the Upper Rhine Valley. A two-course lunch is served at your seat during the journey - the perfect accompaniment to your time onboard the slowest express train in the world. The train climbs steeply over the Oberalp Pass, the peak of the route, and spirals down before crossing the spectacular gorge at Brig. Arrive in Zermatt and head to your lovely hotel, overlooked by the towering Matterhorn. The Matterhorn is completely unique; so magnetic that its mammoth size and geometric splendour make it almost impossible to tear your gaze away. Stay: Four Nights: Zermatt, Parkhotel Beau Site. Insider Experience: Take the famous Glacier Express narrow-gauge train along the iconic route from St Moritz to Zermatt, enjoying incredible views through the panoramic windows of your carriage. Your journey takes you through the classic landscapes that have made Switzerland famous.
Day 7 Zermatt to Gornergrat Mountain Railway.
Make your ascent aboard the Gornergrat Mountain Railway today. Opened in 1898, it is the highest open-air cog-wheel railway in Europe. The train climbs to the 3,000-metre-high summit of the Gornergrat and offers spectacular views of the Matterhorn. On a clear day here, you are able to count 29 snowy peaks. After spending some time at the summit to enjoy the views over the Gornergletscher, the second largest glacier in the Alps, descend and enjoy a guided tour of Zermatt. This pretty, eco-friendly town is a car-free zone, with timbered buildings and a beautiful English church. Insider Experience: Board the Gornergrat Mountain Railway, bound for Zermatt.
Day 8 Zermatt to Stresa to Lake Maggiore to Isola Pescatore.
Board a train to Domodossola in Italy this morning, where you'll take a coach to Stresa, set on the shore of Lake Maggiore. On arrival, cruise across the lake to the charming island of Isola Pescatore. What this island lacks in size, it makes up for in character and you're sure to be impressed by sights such as the church of San Vittore, the island's own national monument. Later, return to Zermatt for dinner this evening. Insider Experience: Discover the rustic fishing village of Isola Pescatore, boasting fantastic restaurants, boutique shops and tiny taverns.
Day 9 Zermatt.
Explore Zermatt at your own pace today. Perhaps enjoy a walk along one of the many marked trails or climb the Kleine Matterhorn. Another option is to use your First Class Swiss Travel Pass to explore further afield. The card allows discounted fares on most trains, buses and lake steamers. Among the most popular options available to you is a journey through the 'hundred valleys' on the Centovalli Railway. This narrow-gauge line winds over high bridges, burrows through tunnels and passes sleepy villages to the town of Locarno, located on the shore of glistening Lake Maggiore. This evening, be sure to head to one of Zermatt's gorgeous restaurants to sample the city's divine local fare. The town is widely known for its delectable Swiss fondue made from Gruyere cheese.
Day 10 Zermatt to Colmar.
This morning after breakfast, you will travel via Visp to Basel in Switzerland. Then, join the service to the fairytale-like town of Colmar for an overnight stay. Upon arrival, you may wish to stretch your legs and wander around its historic streets. Filled with half-timbered houses, canals and a flower-decked town centre, Colmar will be quick to charm. Stay: Colmar, Grand Hotel Bristol
Day 11 Colmar to Eurostar to London.
Today you will journey to Paris, where you'll connect with a Eurostar service and continue on to beautiful London. Along the way, make the most of this wonderful mode of travel as you simply sit back and watch the stunning landscapes and quaint townships roll by. Stay: London, Ambassadors Bloomsbury Hotel
Day 12 London.
After breakfast this morning, you will bid farewell to Europe with a transfer to the airport for your onward flight home.
Departure dates and Pricing
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price||Enquire|
|Tue 1st October, 201902/10/2018||-01/01/1970||-|
Ask an expert
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Final payment is due 10 months prior to departure date.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
We won't be beaten on price
Our Lowest Airfare Guarantee ensures you always get the best deal which means you save money.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With over 700 stores in Australia, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.