2 FOR 1 Deal*
Duration 8 days
Company On The Go Tours
Availability Valid for select departures 5 May - 8 September 2018
- 8 day tour departing Delhi
- 7 nights accommodation in hotels
- 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Services of English-speaking Indian specialist guides at some sites
- Services of an English-speaking Indian tour guide
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicles
- Airport arrival and departure transfers on day 1 and day 8
- Discount applies when there are 2 people travelling, sharing a room on the same tour, on the same travel dates
- WAS $1495*, NOW $748*, SAVE $748* when two people book together
- Valid for select departures 5 May - 8 September 2018
Delhi - Agra - Karauli - Jaipur
Experience the richness of Indian culture on this classic tour of India's Golden Triangle. Kick off in Delhi, both old and new, explore the magnificent Taj Mahal in Agra and the stunning Pink City of Jaipur. Combine this with a night at a Maharaja's Palace and you've got the perfect 1 week Indian adventure.
Day 1 Delhi.
Upon arrival into Delhi, you'll be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. The remainder of the day is free to relax or explore this bustling capital city.
Day 2 Delhi.
This morning, our Welcome Meeting takes place. We then enjoy a full day sightseeing tour of Old and New Delhi, taking in Humayun's Tomb, Jama Masjid - India's oldest and largest mosque and Raj Ghat - the site of Gandhi's cremation in Old Delhi, and in New Delhi Rajpath and India Gate. Tonight, we enjoy a group Namaste dinner at our hotel.
Day 3 Delhi to Agra.
Departing Delhi, we make our way to Agra, the erstwhile capital of the Mughal empire. Our first stop here is the impressive Agra Fort, which boasts some of India's finest Mughal buildings behind its fortified walls. Later we travel on to the legendary Taj Mahal. Built by the order of Emperor Shah Jahan in the 17th century in affectionate memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz, the Taj Mahal is perhaps one of the most extravagant monuments to love ever built and has no peers.
Day 4 Agra to Karauli.
Bright and early this morning we visit the ghostly former Mughal city of Fatehpur Sikri, which has been deserted for over four centuries after it was allegedly abandoned due to a lack of water. Thanks to the very durable red sandstone from which it was built, Fatehpur Sikri still remains well-preserved and is a fascinating place to explore. We drive on to Bharatpur where we'll enjoy lunch before continuing our journey to Karauli, which was a princely state of India from 1348 until 1949. We spend the night at the beautiful Palace Bhanwar Vilas, which is the home of the current Maharaja and Maharani of Karauli. During our stay we can explore the palace and grounds at leisure. The sovereigns, continue to reside at the palace and the young princess often gives guided tours of the palace, which we will take part in, if the opportunity arises. The family is also lovingly restoring the Karauli City Palace, which we visit later this afternoon. Tonight, opt to attend the evening Aaarti (prayer) taking place nearby.
Day 5 Karauli to Jaipur.
This morning we stop briefly to meet the children and teachers at a local school (if open) where we operate our 'Change for Children' programme. If you have bought any educational items with you to hand out to children this would be the time to do so. Then we drive on to Jaipur, the vibrant capital of Rajasthan. The rest of the day is free for you to spend at your own leisure.
Day 6 Jaipur.
Very early this morning there is the opportunity to sail over the lofty hilltop forts and regal palaces of Jaipur in a hot air balloon, on our Balloon Over Jaipur Bolt-on. We then travel beyond Jaipur to the stunning 16th century Amber Fort, reaching its summit by jeep, where we enjoy a tour of the fort's well-preserved interior and grounds. Later we visit a cotton weaving house to see a demonstration of fabric dyeing and block printing before touring the City Palace and Jantar Mantar - an old yet cleverly designed space observatory.
Day 7 Jaipur to Delhi.
This morning we drive back to Delhi. The afternoon is free for you to further discover the city. Opt for a meal in the heart of the city or simply relax and chat with group members at the hotel.
Day 8 Delhi.
Saturday. Touring arrangements come to an end after breakfast. Hotel check-out and included onward departure transfer to airport.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 March 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Full payment is required within 48 hours of booking unless otherwise stipulated and 100% cancelation fees apply on this 241 deal. 2 pax must book the same tour on the same itinerary/date to qualify for the deal. International flights are not included.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
We won't be beaten on price
Our Lowest Airfare Guarantee ensures you always get the best deal which means you save money.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With over 700 stores in Australia, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.