Great Italian Adventure, 11 Days
Deal Number 5164660
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
SAVE $1,000 per couple* + Early Payment Discount of $200 per person*
Duration 11 days
Availability Only on 4 October 2019.
- 11 day tour departing Venice
- 10 nights in premium accommodation
- 15 meals - 10 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 4 dinners
- Explore Venice with a local guide
- Visit the Duomo in Florence Enjoy a day trip to Lucca and Pisa
- Throw a coin into the famous Trevi Fountain in Rome
- Enjoy lunch and a glass of limoncello at a local agriturismo in Sorrento
- Marvel at the beautiful Amalfi Coast
- Visit Pompeii, one of the Roman Empire's best preserved cities
- Services of a Great Rail Journeys Tour Escort and expert local guides
- Airport transfers, tipping and porterage
- BONUS SAVE $1,000 per couple* + Early Payment Discount of $200 per person*
- Only on 4 October 2019.
Venice - Florence - Lucca - Pisa - Rome - Naples - Sorrento - Amalfi Coast - Pompeii
Day 1 Venice.
Today marks the beginning of an 11-day journey across Italy's many stunning locations with rich history. To start, you land in Venice, one of the country's most curious sites. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel, home for two evenings. Sitting on the Venice Lido, the hotel is just outside of the main city centre, and is in an excellent position from which to begin an exploration of the floating city. Before turning in this evening, you might like to meet fellow travellers and discuss the excitement to come. Stay: Two Nights, Venice Hotel
Day 2 Venice.
Your day of exploration begins with a boat transfer from your hotel to the heart of Venice. Of course, boats here are a commonplace form of transport, and the many winding canals and waterways are dotted with the vessels. Upon docking, you'll be greeted by an insightful local guide and embark on the morning's walking tour. Set in its own shimmering lagoon, Venice is incomparable to any of the world's other major cities. Wandering through the World Heritage-listed city paints an interesting picture of history and culture. Finishing the tour in St Mark's Square, you can take a moment to enter the Basilica where walls are decorated with over 85,000 square feet of biblical mosaics. After time exploring on your own, you'll be transferred back to your hotel.
Day 3 Venice to Florence.
This morning you wave goodbye to Venice and make tracks for Florence in Tuscany. Delightfully known as the 'jewel of the Renaissance', you're certainly in for a treat when it comes to art and architecture here. The train ride, only three hours long, transports you to the city in a breeze. Tuscan countrysides whip past the windows, and the first port of call is your hotel. Home for three nights, you stay in the Montecantini and enjoy a moment of leisure time to settle in or venture out to the main town. Stay: Three Nights, Florence Hotel
Day 4 Florence.
Start your day with a guided tour of this fascinating city. Among treasures, you'll pay a visit to the Duomo, arguably one of the most iconic sights. Topped with red tiles, the cathedral's exquisite dome can be seen from all around. You'll also stop by the Ponte Vecchio, a 14th-century bridge with 43 jewellery shops. This afternoon may then be spent at leisure to explore any other site of interest. Maybe spend some time wandering through the Giardino Bardini which has a distinct Tuscan feel due to its many flourishing azaleas, peonies and wisteria.
Day 5 Florence to Lucca to Pisa.
Today you'll embark on a day trip from Florence to Lucca. Aged Renaissance architecture and buildings from the Middle Ages stand side-by-side, making the town a joy to explore on foot. You'll also spot a number of pretty piazzas, churches and galleries. After taking some time to walk about the town on your own, you'll be taken to Pisa. A tour here has you among the Field of Miracles where the Leaning Tower of Pisa sits unsteadily. You'll also see a collection of Romanesque architecture and the Moorish mosaics of the Duomo. Return to Florence later in the day.
Day 6 Florence to Rome.
Today, set your sights on the Eternal City as you travel to Rome. Simply walking around is amazing as ruins of massive columns and statues, worthy of a place in any museum, pepper the streets. A guided tour takes you to iconic buildings and structures including the Trevi Fountain, a wonderful baroque sculpture set in a tiny square, and the magnificent Colosseum. You will also have the chance to enter the Pantheon to marvel at its striking ceiling. Stay: Two Nights, Rome Hotel
Day 7 Rome.
Today is free for you to explore the city at leisure. Perhaps take a moment to see the array of architectural highlights, asscend the famous Spanish Steps, or sample local cuisine. Rome is the home of carbonara, and a number of restaurants are sure to specialise in the dish. Or if you have a bit of a sweet tooth, gelaterias decorate the streets with their brightly coloured treats. Of course, today may also be the perfect time to visit the enclave nation of the Vatican City. Here you can marvel at religious monuments including the Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica.
Day 8 Rome to Naples to Sorrento.
Farewell Rome after breakfast, making your way by rail to Naples. Upon arrival, you'll transfer to Sorrento, pausing at a local agriturismo for lunch. Sample syrupy limoncello with your meal, a beverage famous in this region. Bellies full from a delicious lunch, you'll be taken to Sorrento for a three-night stay.
Day 9 Sorrento to Amalfi Coast.
Set out along the Amalfi Coast. A perfect Mediterranean landscape, the soaring cliffs and olive groves are both dizzying and wonderful to behold. Pause first at Positano, a charming town with snap-happy views. At the base of a deep gorge, this town maintains a distinct charm and old-fashioned tone. Later in the day you're taken to Amalfi which is characterised by its sheer cliffs, and then to Ravello. This afternoon, you will return to Sorrento.
Day 10 Sorrento to Pompeii.
Embark on another day tour this morning. You're whisked to Pompeii, a city famous for being the best preserved Roman city in the world. Buried under four to six metres of volcanic ash for centuries, the city houses some remarkable historic artefacts. Today is spent on a guided tour followed by an afternoon at leisure. Later you'll return to Sorrento where a Farewell Dinner with fellow travellers is held at the hotel's restaurant. Reminisce about events from your adventure and prepare for the journey home tomorrow.
Day 11 Sorrento to Naples.
Today signals the end of your trip across Italy. Take a chance to say goodbye to your friendly Tour Escort and other travellers. After breakfast, you will be transferred to Naples airport.
Departure dates and Pricing
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price||Enquire|
|Fri 4th October, 201905/10/2018||-01/01/1970||-|
Ask an expert
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Final payment is due 10 months prior to departure date.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
We won't be beaten on price
Our Lowest Airfare Guarantee ensures you always get the best deal which means you save money.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With over 700 stores in Australia, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.