European Highlights 14 days, Save from $323*pp
Deal Number 5377463
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Save from $323*pp
Duration 14 days
Availability Valid for select departure 3 April 2019 - 18 September 2019
Call 133 133
- 14 day trip departing from London 13 nights accommodation, 5 nights accommodation in a hotel, 1 night in a Contiki Special Stay, 6 nights in Contiki Village, 1 night in a hostel
- 13 Breakfast, 5 Dinner Sightseeing tours of all major cities plus orientations in all other destinations
- Service of an experienced Contiki Trip Manager, Local English-speaking guides
- WAS $2519*, NOW $2196*, SAVE $323*
- Valid for select departure 3 April 2019 - 18 September 2019
London - Paris - Beaujolais Wine Region - French Riviera - French Riviera incl Monaco - Florence - Rome - Venice - Munich - Rhine Valley - Amsterdam
Day 1 London to Paris.
Join forces in London & get to know the wolf pack you're about to take on Europe with. We'll hit the road this morning and make tracks for just over three weeks of adventure. Shortly before we find our ferry for France, we'll be taking in the English coastline beauty of the White Cliffs of Dover. They owe their gorgeousness to their composition of chalk - you're learning and we haven't even left the UK Off the ferry we arrive in the port town of Calais - French soil We will travel via World War I battlefields in the Valley of the Somme, before reaching .... Paris Pop the champagne, dial up the romance, & pass the escargot - we're in Paris, baby Don't waste a second unpacking, we're going to hit the streets and see how this city comes alive by night.
Day 2 Paris.
Drool over haute couture, admire the Notre Dame Cathedral whilst juggling coffee and crepes & get artsy at the many museums of the Louvre. Just don't wear yourself out, you will probably want to get involved with dinner and the Nouvelle Eve Champagne show. Smitten and it's only day two
Day 3 Paris to Beaujolais Wine Region.
Farewell French capital We're off in search of charming countryside & legit, straight from the source vino. With its medieval stature and grand surrounding ponds, Chateau Fontainebleau will take your breath away. We'll amble around the gardens then recommence our scenic journey to Beaujolais. Tonight's the night we camp out at Contiki's very own 16th century Chateau. We say "camp" - LOL. This might be the most royal experience of your life. Wine tasting at the Chateau's working winery is just one of the ways we'll kill time while we're here.
Day 4 Beaujolais Wine Region to French Riviera.
Yes, yes, you could stay here forever, but unfortunately the show must go on. And there is more French fabulousness just around the corner, we promise. Fragonard Perfumery in the French Riviera, now there's a place to check out And stock up on perfume, obviously. Especially given the greatly discounted prices and authenticity of buying in France. Then it's back on the road along the stunning Cote d'Azur.
Day 5 French Riviera incl Monaco.
Missing an opportunity to see this part of the world up close and personal would be criminal. Speaking of things you shouldn't miss, this region is famous for lavender honey, aioli & rose wine; all 3 in one meal should be your mission. A night in glamorous Monaco should complete your day slash life. Don a fancy necklace and pop a plum in your mouth - we're about to embark on the lifestyle of the rich and the famous. After a night on the blackjack table it's back to the coast and to bed, the next part of the adventure starts tomorrow.
Day 6 French Riviera to Florence.
After almost a week in France you'll be full to the brim with all things French and ready for new ground. Italy, perhaps? No trip around Europe is complete without seeing the world's most famous #AwkwardLean, the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Once you've got that perfect snap of you holding the thing up like you're Arnold Schwarzenegger, we'll be on the fast-track to Florence. The dome of Duomo Cathedral sits above the city making certain we know we have arrived in Florence. Tonight you can choose to begin your Tuscan love affair at a Free Time Add-On dinner - think olives, pastas, focaccia, meats & wine. Free Time Add-Ons
Day 7 Florence to Rome.
Why flee Florence when we still have some discoveries to make? We'll become history buffs on a guided walking tour before we learn the art of leather and eventually hit the road for Rome. And you thought your morning was interesting The afternoon will really take it up a notch as we uncover Italian icons in the country's capital of Rome as you get a glimpse of its glory by night. Gelato, pizza and ancient monuments - perfecto
Day 8 Rome.
When in Rome...take an optional guided tour of the Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica. Religious or not, the Vatican's Italian Renaissance church will send shivers down your spine. This is also the day to learn a thing or two about the Colosseum & do a bit of your own exploring. Espressos and people watching should be high priority. In Italy any time is Aperol Spritz time, but there's definitely no better time than on our last evening in Rome, watching the sun set over the city. Tonight we'll learn how to mix, shake & pour our way to the perfect blend of bitter and bubbly magic in an included Italian Cocktail making class. All the ingredients we need will be supplied to master Italian's unofficial national drink along with a selection of other Italian classics. One more for the road?
Day 9 Rome to Venice.
We may be hitting the road again, but we're not done with Italy just yet. We have one more city to lust over... Boats, bridges, gondolas; your heart is going to pound.
Day 10 Venice to Munich.
Confident we have ticked off all the Italian essentials, we can now leg it to Germany. After all the sophistication and glamour of France and Italy, a few beers and the chance to wear suspenders will be precisely what we feel like. Wind through the Austrian Alps to lively Munich. Bavarian culture, a famous Glockenspiel and charm aplenty; Munich doesn't just turn it on during Oktoberfest Explore peaceful gardens and legendary beer halls or join in the bike tour and explore the side streets you wouldn't usually see.
Day 11 Munich to Rhine Valley.
In case we weren't already aware how devilishly lucky we are, this morning we're reminded with a sobering step back in time to one of the darkest moments in history. They say that the more you learn about the past, the better prepared you are for the future. And today the past will unfold itself at the Dachau concentration camp memorial. After the scenic journey of fairytale castles, vineyards and valleys, you'll be charmed before we even arrive in Germany's famous Rhine Valley. This back-in-time town is our wine tasting host for the evening. Squeal
Day 12 Rhine Valley to Amsterdam.
This morning we'll drag you all away from Germany kicking and screaming that you want to stay forever. Only to see you equally infatuated with another dot on the European map hours later... Edam You know the cheese, and now you're going to know the place that pioneered it. We'll cycle into the countryside squealing at windmills & going hysterical over tulip fields on our way to an actual cheese farm & clog maker's house. Pretty canals lined with quaint crooked houses and cafes bursting with life. Amsterdam is all that and way more than what you could ever imagine.
Day 13 Amsterdam.
Amsterdam It's our last full day on trip & our last night to party up a storm with the squad. Use the day to explore quirky museums & sample the endless array of cuisines this city has on offer.
Day 14 Amsterdam to London.
Down your breakfast and wipe away your tears - this is always the worst day of the trip. We'll escort you to Schiphol Airport by about 10am for those leaving us in the canal lined city. For those not leaving us until London, we'll travel south through Belgium, then cross into France to Calais where we make our way back to London-town, where you'll be left to start dreaming up your next big adventure.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 6 January 2019, for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on multi share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
From quick getaways to dream holidays
We're the biggest travel agency south of the equator with access to destinations right around the world. Anywhere you want to go, we can take you there.
Book Now Pay Later!
Where ever you want to fly, cruise, tour or stay, you can holiday sooner with our Interest Free Holidays.
Real People, Real Experience, Real Easy
Our Travel Experts love travel as much as you do. Book with us, knowing you're getting the best advice from the best in the business.