Kia Ora New Zealand, 17 Days, SAVE $740*
Deal Number 5409289
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Duration 17 days
Destination New Zealand
Company AAT Kings
Availability Only on 30 March 2019
Call 133 133
- 17 Day tour departing Auckland
- 16 Nights accommodation in hotels
- 16 Full buffet breakfasts and 8 Dinners including 1 Farewell and 2 Highlights Dinners
- Experienced Travel Director and Driver Guide
- Travel by luxury coach
- Airport transfers
- WAS $5625*, NOW $4885*, SAVE $740*
- Only on 30 March 2019
Visit New Zealand
Auckland - Bay of Islands - Rotorua - Wellington - Picton - Christchurch Travel - Kaikoura - Christchurch - Omarama - Dunedin - Te Anau - Queenstown - Franz Josef
Day 1 Auckland.
Explore Auckland at your own pace. This evening, enjoy a Welcome Reception with your Travel Director.
Day 2 Auckland to Bay of Islands.
Travel along the scenic Hibiscus Coast to the Bay of Islands. See spectacular scenery as you cruise to Cape Brett, and the 'Hole in the Rock'. As you return to Paihia past through picturesque islands with deserted sandy beaches and secluded bays.
Day 3 Bay of Islands.
Explore the Bay of Islands at your own pace today. Perhaps sail on a historic tall ship, take the ferry to the charming town of Russell, the country's first sea-port, or explore the historic Waitangi Treaty Grounds.
Day 4 Bay of Islands to Auckland.
Enjoy a leisurely morning before travelling through lush farmland on your way back to Auckland.
Day 5 Auckland to Rotorua.
After a tour of Auckland's city highlights, trace the Waikato River to the Waitomo Caves, where you'll explore the Waitomo Glowworm Grotto by boat. Your journey continues to Rotorua, for an orientation tour with views of Lake Rotorua.
Day 6 Rotorua.
Experience the multi-awardingwinning Agrodome Farm Show, for insights into agriculture in New Zealand. Your afternoon is free. You might like to visit Rainbow Springs Nature Park for a glimpse of the New Zealand's iconic kiwi bird, or Te Puia, the Maori Arts and Crafts Institute. "Maori This evening enjoy a Maori Hangi feast Highlight Dinner and concert at the Tamaki Maori Village.
Day 7 Rotorua to Wellington.
Journey south through pine forests today to Lake Taupo and mighty Huka Falls, in the heart of the North Island. Continue along the eastern shoreline of the lake and on through rich farmlands to Wellington, the nation's capital.
Day 8 Wellington to Picton.
This morning enjoy a tour of Wellington, including panoramic views from the summit of Mt. Victoria. See the national Parliament and the 'Beehive', home to New Zealand's politicians, and explore "Maori Te Papa Museum and Art Gallery. Then cruise the Cook Strait into tranquil Queen Charlotte Sound on the South Island, to picturesque Picton.
Day 9 Picton to Christchurch Travel to Kaikoura, where sperm whales can often be seen not far from shore (an optional whale-watching flight is available).
Travel along the Pacific Ocean coast and across the colourful Canterbury Plains to Christchurch.
Day 10 Christchurch to Omarama.
Explore Christchurch at leisure this morning, then travel over the fertile Canterbury Plains to serene Lakes Pukaki and Tekapo, view the Church of the Good Shepherd and soak up the scenery of Mt. Cook National Park (optional scenic flight available).
Day 11 Omarama to Dunedin.
Visit the Waitaki Hydro Power Scheme and the monumental spillway of the nearby Benmore Dam. Then travel to the town of Oamaru, with its celebrated white limestone buildings. Continue to Dunedin, New Zealand's southernmost city. The afternoon is free for you to explore. Perhaps take a wildlife cruise or ride the historic Taieri Gorge Railway.
Day 12 Dunedin to Te Anau.
Enjoy free time in Dunedin. You might like to visit Larnach Castle. Then travel across the fertile sheep-dotted pastures of South Otago en route to Te Anau. Tonight you may choose to cruise the Te Anau Glowworm Caves (own expense).
Day 13 Te Anau to Queenstown.
Your experience in magnificent Milford Sound today is sure to be one of the highlights of your journey. Travel first through the tall native rainforests and rugged mountains of Fiordland National Park, then cruise the serene waters of this natural wonder. On the way to Queenstown see Mirror Lake, Cleddau Valley, the Chasm, Mitre Peak and Bowen Falls, then travel along the Devil's Staircase and the shores of Lake Wakatipu. Enjoy an informative orientation tour of the city before settling in for your two-night stay.
Day 14 Queenstown.
Explore New Zealand's adventure capital at your own pace today. Late afternoon, enjoy a cruise across Lake Wakatipu aboard the TSS Earnslaw to Walter Peak High Country Farm for a gourmet barbecue Highlight Dinner and an entertaining afterdinner farm show.
Day 15 Queenstown to Franz Josef.
Your first destination today is the faithfully-restored gold mining settlement of Arrowtown. Travel on to Cromwell to taste its sensational stone fruit and enjoy the region's vivid blue lakes. You will then travel over Haast Pass and view the sheer drop of Thunder Creek Falls on your way to the extraordinary Franz Josef Glacier. An optional scenic flight is available.
Day 16 Franz Josef to Christchurch.
This morning's destination is Hokitika, home of New Zealand's famous greenstone, Pounamu (its Maori name). Then continue to Arthur's Pass to board the iconic TranzAlpine train and take one of the world's most renowned rail journeys. Pass through the Southern Alps to the lush pastureland of the Canterbury Plains. This evening, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner.
Day 17 Christchurch.
Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast.
Departure dates and Pricing
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price||Enquire|
|Sat 30th March, 201930/03/2019||-01/01/1970||-|
Ask an expert
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 February 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
From quick getaways to dream holidays
We're the biggest travel agency south of the equator with access to destinations right around the world. Anywhere you want to go, we can take you there.
Book Now Pay Later!
Where ever you want to fly, cruise, tour or stay, you can holiday sooner with our Interest Free Holidays.
Real People, Real Experience, Real Easy
Our Travel Experts love travel as much as you do. Book with us, knowing you're getting the best advice from the best in the business.