Southern Spectacular, 10 Days, SAVE 10%*
Deal Number 5413589
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Duration 10 days
Destination New Zealand
Company AAT Kings
Availability Valid for select departures 1 October 2019 - 5 April 2020
Call 133 133
- 10 Day tour departing Christchurch
- 1 Night accommodation staying at Distinction Christchurch Hotel in Christchurch
- 1 Night accommodation staying at MacKenzie Country Hotel in Twizel
- 1 Night accommodation staying at Scenic Hotel Southern Cross in Dunedin
- 1 Night accommodation staying at Distinction Te Anau Hotel and Villas in Te Anau
- 2 Nights accommodation staying at Millennium Hotel in Queenstown
- 1 Night accommodation staying at Scenic Hotel Franz Josef Glacier in Franz Josef
- 1 Night accommodation staying at Punakaiki Resort in Punakaiki
- 1 Night accommodation staying at Distinction Christchurch Hotel in Christchurch
- 9 Full buffet breakfasts, 1 Be My Guest Lunch and 5 Dinners with wine including 1 Highlight Dinner and 1 Farewell Dinner
- Experienced Travel Director and Driver Guide
- Travel by luxury coach
- Airport transfers
- BONUS Save 10%*
- Valid for select departures 1 October 2019 - 5 April 2020
Visit New Zealand
Christchurch - Twizel - Dunedin - Te Anau - Queenstown - Franz Josef - Punakaiki
Day 1 Christchurch.
Christchurch's energy is evident wherever you go. The city has bounced back after the earthquakes of 2010 and 2011 and is now thriving once again. Contemporary art galleries, boutiques and open-air markets add to the city's creative vibe. Meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception.
Day 2 Christchurch to Twizel.
Be my guest dining experience Visit Morelea, the home of Angie and Stan Taylor, for a Be My Guest barbecue lunch and hear about a lifetime spent farming in New Zealand. This afternoon see Lakes Tekapo and Pukaki, and view the famed Church of the Good Shepherd with its alter window framing stunning views of the lake and surrounding mountains. Continue to Twizel, a base for mountain climbing, kayaking, mountain biking, skiing, horse trekking and hiking.
Day 3 Twizel to Dunedin.
This morning after breakfast, visit the spectacular Waitaki Hydro Power Scheme, a series of interconnected lakes and canals used to generate electricity on the Waitaki River, New Zealand's longest. See the monumental spillway of the Benmore Dam before exploring the historic town of Oamaru, with its stately tree-lined streets and celebrated white limestone buildings. Then you'll make your way to New Zealand's southernmost city, Dunedin, home to many fine examples of Victorian and Edwardian architecture. Designated by UNESCO as a City of Literature, Dunedin is a magnificent example of a small city that lives, breathes and connects through its people, its culture and its intense love of literature. It is well known as a university town of excellence in research and learning, and a city where writers, books and literature thrive. With the rest of your afternoon at leisure, relax and unwind or join an optional experience to see more of the region. Included Choice This afternoon choose one from a range of Included Choice sightseeing experiences. Tour imposing Larnach Castle, ride the historic Taieri Gorge railway, take a wildlife cruise or experience an interactive tour of famous Speight's Brewery.
Day 4 Dunedin to Te Anau.
Today, travel through lush green sheep-grazing country on your way to the spectacular Fiordland National Park and the town of Te Anau, nestled in the southwestern corner of the South Island. Lake Te Anau covers an area of 344 km2, making it the secondlargest lake in New Zealand and the largest in the South Island. Tonight, enjoy dinner at your hotel.
Day 5 Te Anau to Queenstown.
Your experience in magnificent Milford Sound today is sure to be one of the highlights of your journey. Travel first through native rainforests and lush meadows to Mirror Lakes and the hand-hewn Homer Tunnel, and marvel at the stunning Cleddau Valley. Your unforgettable Milford Sound cruise takes in cascading waterfalls, hanging glacial valleys, and the sheer pinnacle of Mitre Peak. After disembarking, travel on to beautiful Queenstown.
Day 6 Queenstown.
Included Choice Today, choose one from a range of Included Choice sightseeing experiences. If you're feeling energetic you have the option to ride the exhilarating Shotover Jet boat or take a gondola to Bob's Peak for thrilling luge rides. For the more laid-back, a 4WD minibus tour will take you through spectacular Skippers Canyon, or you might like to visit the Kiwi Birdlife Park, where a zoologist will introduce you to some amazing animals. After an action-packed day, settle into a peaceful cruise this evening across Lake Wakatipu aboard the iconic vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw to Walter Peak High Country Farm for a gourmet barbecue Highlight Dinner and an entertaining farm show.
Day 7 Queenstown to Franz Josef.
Your destination today is the wild west coast of the South Island. Stop to visit the faithfully-restored gold mining settlement of Arrowtown, where more than 70 original buildings from the gold-rush era are still preserved, and enjoy the serenity of the region's vivid blue lakes, the most famous of which is pristine Lake Wanaka. Drive over the spectacular Haast Pass, passing the 96-metre Thunder Creek Falls on your way to the extraordinary Franz Josef Glacier.
Day 8 Franz Josef to Punakaiki.
Explore the glacier this morning, then travel on to Hokitika, home of New Zealand's famous greenstone. Pounamu (its Maori name) is of great cultural significance in Maori culture and was prized for its strength, durability and beauty. It was used for weapons, tools and personal ornaments, and also denoted great status. Continue to Punakaiki to view the intriguing Pancake Rocks and Blowholes. You'll spend the night in an eco-friendly resort right on the waterfront.
Day 9 Punakaiki to Christchurch.
Board the iconic TranzAlpine train in the village of Arthur's Pass this morning and embark on one of the world's great train journeys, passing through magnificent landscapes ranging from the fertile farmlands of the Canterbury Plains to rugged gorges and pristine ice-fed streams and lakes. The train forges through tunnels and over viaducts with panoramic views of snow-capped peaks, towering beech forests and lush river valleys. Back in Christchurch, join your Travel Director for a Farewell Dinner.
Day 10 Christchurch.
Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27th March 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
From quick getaways to dream holidays
We're the biggest travel agency south of the equator with access to destinations right around the world. Anywhere you want to go, we can take you there.
Book Now Pay Later!
Where ever you want to fly, cruise, tour or stay, you can holiday sooner with our Interest Free Holidays.
Real People, Real Experience, Real Easy
Our Travel Experts love travel as much as you do. Book with us, knowing you're getting the best advice from the best in the business.