Tropical Top End (Wet Season), 4 Days, SAVE $117*
Deal Number 5443464
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Duration 4 days
Destination Northern Territory
Company AAT Kings
Availability Valid for select departures 1 - 30 April, 1 November 2019 - 31 March 2020
Call 133 133
- 4 Day tour departing Darwin
- 1 Night accommodation staying at Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel, Kakadu
- 2 Nights accommodation staying at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Esplanade Darwin
- 4 Lunches
- Travel by luxury coach
- Experienced Travel Director and Driver Guide
- Airport transfers
- WAS $1169*, NOW $1052*, SAVE $117*
- Valid for select departures 1 - 30 April, 1 November 2019 - 31 March 2020
Visit Northern Territory
Darwin - Kakadu National Park - Katherine - Litchfield National Park
Day 1 Darwin to Kakadu National Park.
As this Short Break departs at 6.30am, accommodation will need to be pre-booked for the previous night. Travel via Adelaide River and the Marrakai Plains deep into Kakadu National Park. Take a guided walk at Nourlangie Rock where your Driver Guide will lead you on a walk to view the rock art galleries. After lunch, join your local guide on a cruise of Yellow Water Billabong. Search for saltwater crocodiles and the colourful range of birdlife for which this region is renowned. Visit the Warradjan Cultural Centre to view the informative displays depicting the traditions of the Aboriginal people in Kakadu.
Day 2 Kakadu National Park to Darwin.
This morning join your Driver Guide to explore a Rock Art Site, where you'll be shown through the ancient Aboriginal rock art galleries, believed to be 20,000 years old. A visit to the Bowali Visitor Centre is next, then it's off to Corroboree Park Tavern for lunch. After lunch, we make our way to Adelaide River to join the Jumping Crocodile Cruise. Cruise the river and thrill as these awesome creatures launch themselves out of the water. After the Cruise, we visit Window on the Wetlands Visitor Centre for view over the Marrakai Plains and a stop at Fogg Dam Nature Reserve before your return to Darwin.
Day 3 Katherine.
Travel south through tropical country, passing former WWII airstrips. We make a short stop at the Adelaide River War Cemetery, a site dedicated to those killed in the air raids in Darwin in the 1940's. Continue to Edith Falls, where there is time for a refreshing swim in the waterhole beneath the falls (conditions permitting). Enjoy lunch and a 2 hour scenic cruise through Katherine Gorge in Nitmiluk National Park. Enjoy a brief tour of Katherine, the hub of the region's cattle and farming industries. An evening stop is made at Adelaide River where you may purchase dinner (own expense). You may like to sample the famous 'Barra and Chips', before returning to Darwin.
Day 4 Litchfield National Park.
Litchfield National Park contains several types of typical Top End habitats including lush monsoon forests, termite mounds, unusual rock formations, waterfalls and cascades. The park encloses much of the spectacular Tabletop Range, which is a wide sandstone plateau mostly surrounded by cliffs. During the green season four major waterfalls thunder from the cliffs to tropical rock pools many metres below. During the dry season, the waterfalls flow more gently, making the waterholes the perfect spot for a cool dip. The Park's traditional owners are the Wagait Aboriginal people, many of whom live in the area. We follow the Stuart Highway via the township of Batchelor to Litchfield National Park where we will visit the main falls. First stop is Florence Falls, where you have the opportunity for a scenic and interpretive bush and monsoon vine forest walk. There is also the chance for a swim by making your way down the stairs to the plunge pool below. Travel on to Tolmer Falls for a magnificent view of the water cascading down to the deep waterhole at the base of the falls. Finally we visit Wangi Falls, with its large crystal clear pool, another relaxing spot for a swim. On the way back to Darwin we make a stop in at Howard Spring Nature Park, where you will have the chance to feed the Barramundi & Turtles. A great day for taking many fascinating photos, including the amazing stand of termite mounds. Lunch is included today. As this Short Break concludes at 8:30pm, you may like to pre-book accommodation for tonight. Please Note: In April & November-March, if weather conditions preclude access to the East Alligator region, alternative touring will be arranged on Day 2.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 May 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
From quick getaways to dream holidays
We're the biggest travel agency south of the equator with access to destinations right around the world. Anywhere you want to go, we can take you there.
Book Now Pay Later!
Where ever you want to fly, cruise, tour or stay, you can holiday sooner with our Interest Free Holidays.
Real People, Real Experience, Real Easy
Our Travel Experts love travel as much as you do. Book with us, knowing you're getting the best advice from the best in the business.