Delfin III Amazon Cruise, SAVE $365*
Deal Number 5406951
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Duration 4 nights
Company Chimu Adventures
Availability Valid for select departures 1 January - 31 December 2019
Call 1300 018 390
- 4 nights accommodation on board Delfin III Amazon
- All meals onboard the ship
- All excursions
- Return transfers from Iquitos Pier
- WAS $3645*, NOW $3280*, SAVE $365*
- Valid for select departures 1 January - 31 December 2019
Arrival in Iquitos - Yarapa River - Yanayacu Pucate River and Nauta Cano - Disembarkation
Day 1 Arrival in Iquitos & Embarkation
On arrival into Iquitos Airport you will be met by a crew member for the group transfer by private vehicle to Nauta, 95 kilometres from Iquitos, with a lunchbox provided for you to enjoy on the way.
Before departing Iquitos there will be a panoramic tour of this bustling river city, the largest city in the Peruvian Rainforest. During the 20th century, the city attracted many Europeans immigrants who contributed to a period of great wealth, commercial and social development.
Nauta is a small riverside town on the banks of the Maranon River and was the first city founded in the department of Loreto. It is here that you will board the Delfin at a private port on the shores of the Maranon River. After a VIP welcome, you will be shown to your suite with time to settle in before the first excursion by skiff to Marayali, an area populated by sloths, iguanas and anteaters as well as yellow-rumped caciques and egrets.
As the Delfin sets sail, you can enjoy fantastic panoramic views from the observation area located on the top deck whilst sipping on a cocktail made with regional fruits and Pisco, the national brandy liquor of Peru. Your naturalist guide will give an overview of the journey ahead including activities, route, highlights, wildlife and vegetation, geography and historical background.
In the afternoon we witness the "confluence of the 3 rivers' known as the "Union de los Rios". The Ucayali River meets the Maranon River upstream of Iquitos to form what countries other than Brazil consider to be the main stem of the Amazon River. There are great photo opportunities as you witness your first Amazon Rainforest sunset.
There is a night jungle walk and a visit to a small village on the shores of the river where you can listen to interesting legends of the Amazon as you sit around a small campfire. After dinner onboard you can enjoy the stars from the top deck as the Delfin sails deeper into the Amazon.
Day 2 Yarapa River, Yucuruchi and Fundo Casual
This morning we kayak along the Yarapa River, exploring the tributary and listening to the sounds from within the mysterious jungle.
We venture out to find the giant Amazonian water lily - Victoria regia. This beautiful aquatic plant grows in small lagoons known as cochas.
This afternoon we walk along the Fundo Casual jungle trail that takes us deep into the rainforest on terra firma (non-flooded forest) where your guide will point out the fascinating wildlife and vegetation of the Amazon.
Day 3 Yanayacu Pucate River and Nauta Cano
This morning we cruise along the Yanayacu Pucate River in one of the best preserved and protected zones of the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve.
Your guide will point out the biodiversity of this region. You have the opportunity to paddle board and swim in the river maybe alongside the elusive freshwater pink river dolphins.
After a delicious lunch onboard the vessel, we visit Nauta Cano Creek where you have the chance to do some kayaking and go fishing for the infamous piranha, a delightful and challenging experience that you won't forget As night approaches, your guide will take you on a night safari in search of caimans and nocturnal birds.
Day 4 Disembarkation
Disembarking at the port of Nauta, Delfin's ground crew will be waiting to take you by private vehicle back to the city of Iquitos.
On the way from Nauta back to Iquitos Airport, we visit the Rescue & Rehabilitation Centre of River Mammals (ACOBIA) where you will have the chance to meet and feed baby manatees and learn about these wonderful and docile creatures and why they are on the endangered species list. Other animals that have been rescued from capture for the intention of being turned into pets and other threatening conditions are also cared for at the centre. You may like to make a donation to this ambitious organisation and education centre.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 February 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
From quick getaways to dream holidays
We're the biggest travel agency south of the equator with access to destinations right around the world. Anywhere you want to go, we can take you there.
Book Now Pay Later!
Where ever you want to fly, cruise, tour or stay, you can holiday sooner with our Interest Free Holidays.
Real People, Real Experience, Real Easy
Our Travel Experts love travel as much as you do. Book with us, knowing you're getting the best advice from the best in the business.