Duration 1 day
Destination Sri Lanka
Company Infinity International
Availability Selected travel dates 1 - 31 October 2019
Call 1300 018 390
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking chauffeur guide
- Entrance fees to Ambalangoda Mask Factory and Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery
- Balapitiya boat ride
- Lunch in Galle
- Selected travel dates 1 - 31 October 2019
Visit Sri Lanka
You will be picked up from your hotel and taken to visit Balapitiya, home to the Madu Ganga to commence a river safari (Advisable to leave early as possible as the scheduled activities require adequate time). The drive is approximately 2 hours and the boat ride is approximately 1.5-2 hours. Madu River is a complex coastal ecosystem of mangroves and islands. A boat tour is an ideal way to experience hundreds of species of plants and animals in their natural habitat. There are around 64 islands in the river and lagoon, from a tiny speck housing, a deserted shrine to one housing 250 families, connected to the mainland via a long footbridge. You can visit an island with a Buddhist monastery, where the friendly young monks will show you a 150-year-old book made of palm leaves and how they cook on cinnamon wood on an open fire.
Upon completion, proceed to visit a Mask Factory in Ambalangoda. Horana, Benthara, Ambalangoda and Mirissa are the areas in Sri Lanka colonial style verandas. Hop into the Dutch Hospital Shopping Complex to be mesmerized by an array of souvenir selections. However, its hallmark stands a reality where the Dutch fort remains a working community with its usual buzz of administrative offices, court complex, commercial buildings, churches and Southern folks frequenting its streets bracing the air of the Elysium of architecture, Galle Then have lunch at a restaurant in Galle.
Upon completion, proceed to Kosgoda and visit a Turtle Hatchery. Visiting the turtle hatchery in Sri Lanka is one of the most recommended things to do by Lonely Planet. The small town of Kosgoda on the southern strip is famous for its turtle hatchery which is operated by the Wild Life Protection Society of Sri Lanka. At the hatchery, fishermen are paid for rescuing the vulnerable eggs which they collect at night, along the sandy beach. Visitors can witness the exceptional sight of them hatching or even see tanks filled with new born hatchlings. After being fed, the baby turtles are returned back to the sea where they are released when they are 2-4 days old. Once placed on the beach, most baby sea turtles start moving towards the water, flapping their tiny flippers. Children in particular love to visit the hatchery and watch the turtles being released back into their natural habitat. Upon completion, proceed to your respective beach hotel.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 4 April 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
From quick getaways to dream holidays
We're the biggest travel agency south of the equator with access to destinations right around the world. Anywhere you want to go, we can take you there.
Book Now Pay Later!
Where ever you want to fly, cruise, tour or stay, you can holiday sooner with our Interest Free Holidays.
Real People, Real Experience, Real Easy
Our Travel Experts love travel as much as you do. Book with us, knowing you're getting the best advice from the best in the business.