Duration 5 days
Destination United Kingdom
Company Tempo Holidays
Availability April - October (Only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and Saturday)
- 4 nights accommodation
- 4 breakfasts
- Services of an experienced local tour leader
- Transport by mini coach
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- April - October (Only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and Saturday)
Visit United Kingdom
Depart London and travel out through the old kingdom of Wessex to its ancient capital - the historic city of Winchester. Having explored this fascinating old town with its magnificent cathedral and historic Great Hall, your tour will continue to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Stonehenge, before arriving at the historic city of Exeter, an important fortified settlement in Roman times and your base for 2 nights.
Your morning is spent exploring the magnificent wilderness of Dartmoor, the ancient "Clapper Bridge" at Postbridge and the historic market town of Tavistock, home to Sir Francis Drake. Return to Exeter in the early afternoon to explore this Roman town's underground passages, ancient walls, Royal Albert Memorial Museum and its famous 12th century Norman cathedral. Your second night is spent here.
Travel west into the heart of Arthurian legend country and the Celtic Kingdom of Cornwall. The day's highlights include the ancient capital of Cornwall, Launceston with its 12th century Norman keep perched overlooking Bodmin Moor. This is an area where legends abound - tales of piskies and spriggins, the Beast of Bodmin and the resting place of King Arthur's sword Excalibur in Dozmary Pool combine to make this a very special place. Continue to the north Cornish coast and the mediaeval fishing village of Boscastle with its distinctive harbour. Nearby are the romantic cliff top ruins of Tintagel Castle, birthplace of King Arthur which you will have the chance to explore before travelling south to the seaside University town of Falmouth for the next 2 nights.
Explore the most westerly tip of England on this magnificent day taking in the stunning cliff top village of Mousehole, the incredible Minack theatre built into the cliffs overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and the beautiful National Trust beach at Porthcurno. You may even see some pirates at Penzance England's most westerly point beckons at Lands. End before following the dramatic coast, with windswept moors and old stone Celtic communities up to the artistic haven of St. Ives. Returning to Falmouth for the night.
This morning you say farewell to Cornwall and travel across Bodmin Moor, a wild moorland now designated as an area of outstanding natural beauty. On our journey north we take a break in the market town of Launceston, with its castle that dates from just after the Norman Conquest in 1066. We continue through the Devon countryside before arriving in the town of Glastonbury. Here you can take time to visit the 7th century Abbey, relax in the local bars or restaurants or climb Glastonbury Tor, the hill that rises high above the town and has mythical connections with King Arthur and Avalon. From here you will travel back to London, a city completely removed from the experiences you have enjoyed in the magical counties of Devon and Cornwall.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31/12/2016 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
We won't be beaten on price
Our Lowest Airfare Guarantee ensures you always get the best deal which means you save money.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With over 700 stores in Australia, a 24/7 call centre and website, we're always here for you.