Travel insurance for increased peace of mind
Be prepared for the unexpected. Protect yourself, your family and your holiday with travel insurance from Cover-More. With more than 30 years’ experience in providing travel insurance and protecting over 3.8 million journeys a year, you’re in expert hands with Cover-More.
What does a Cover-More policy provide?
- Emergency assistance: Experienced doctors, nurses and caseworker managers to take your call and provide you with instant advice or access to the right help, including medical evacuations and paying your hospital bills directly if your claim is approved.
- Access to an Australian-based GP^: Our Travel GP benefit gives you access to calm, clear and professional advice, as well as guidance with medicine or a medical referral.
- 24 Hours, 7 Days: Unexpected events or losing personal belongings can take the wind out of your sails. Speak to an Australian-based representative whenever you need help and updates.
- Included cover for accompanying kids*: Your children or grandchildren can be covered by your policy, and there is no limit to the number of accompanying children!
- 15 working days money-back guarantee**: If you change your mind within 15 working days of purchase before you depart on your journey, you can get a full refund for the cost of your policy.
Cover-More fast facts:
- Supports more than 3.8 million journeys a year
- Manages more than 40,000 overseas emergency medical assistance cases a year
- Answers 80 per cent of calls within 20 seconds
- Coordinates more than 400 medical repatriations and emergency evacuations each year
- Handled more than 75,000 registered claims in 2017
- Paid out more than $114,000,000 in claims in 2017
- Includes rental car insurance excess of up to $10,000 as standard with additional coverage options
- Rebooks approximately 5,000 flights annually for its customers
Book online today or call 1800 877 528 to speak with one of our Flight Centre experts!
When is the best time to buy your travel insurance policy?
How do I choose the right policy?
When buying any insurance policy you should always carefully consider the Product Disclosure Statement to see if it's right for you. This will give you a full rundown on what you're covered for and more importantly, what you're not covered for. Some things to look out for include:
- Benefit Sub-limits
- Policy conditions
A key advantage of purchasing one of our Covermore Policies is the 15 working days money-back guarantee**: If you change your mind within 15 working days of purchase before you depart on your journey, you can get a full refund for the cost of your policy.
What will I be covered for?
Cover-More Options Policy include:
Overseas medical and Dental Expenses
- A doctor says you’re too sick to continue travelling
- You need to return home because a relative in Australia suddenly falls ill
- Your transport is disrupted due to a strike, riot or civil commotion
Amendment or cancellation costs
- You’re sick or injured and can no longer travel
- A relative in Australia is sick
- Involuntarily redundancy: if your full-time or permanent part-time job is made redundant unexpectedly
Luggage and travel documents
- Cameras and video cameras
- Laptop computers
- Tablet computers
- Mobile and smart phones
- Other items
Delayed luggage allowance
Rental car insurance excess
Will I be covered for adventurous activities?
What if I'm travelling with kids?
A family holiday can work out to be expensive, but your insurance doesn't have to be. Cover-More include cover for accompanying kids. Accompanied children includes your children or grandchildren, identified on the certificate of insurance and travelling with you, provided they are not in full-time employment, they are financially dependent on you, and are under 21 years of age.
*Base policies only, additional costs for cancellation cover may be required.
Is there an excess on travel insurance?
With Cover-More, you can choose your own excess level to suit you: from zero through to $100 and $250 on international plans. A lower excess means reduced out-of-pocket expenses if you need to make a claim.
What if I plan on working overseas?
If you're planning a business trip or working holiday, make sure your travel insurance policy offers adequate cover. Cover-More has a range of policies for both corporate travellers and those who plan on finding work whilst overseas
What if I plan on travelling more than once this year?
When you choose Cover-More, you can select a policy to cover one single trip or, if you are a frequent traveller, you may want to buy an Annual Multi-Trip policy. With an Annual Multi-Trip policy, you can select from the available choices, a Journey duration to suit your needs and be covered for an unlimited number of journeys more than 250 km from home during the period of insurance up to the maximum journey duration chosen.
Can I extend my insurance whilst I am overseas?
If you purchased a single trip policy and wish to lengthen your trip while you're away, you can phone +61 (7) 3170 7840 or email your travel consultant to extend your policy. Put simply you just need to contact the agent you purchased the original policy from before it expires and provide them with your new return date. A new policy for the remainder of your time away can then be arranged.
What do I do if I have an existing medical condition?
If I am pregnant, is there anything I need to be aware of when taking out travel insurance?
Make sure you check out whether the policy you're considering offers adequate cover for you. Cover-More policies provide cover for pregnancy up to the 23rd week, but conditions do apply. If there have been complications with your current or any previous pregnancies or the conception was medically assisted, you will be required to complete an Assessment Form prior to cover being considered. Cover-More policies do not cover childbirth or the health of a newborn child, irrespective of the stage of pregnancy at which the child is born.
If I cancel my policy before travelling, can I get a refund?
If for some reason you change your mind about your insurance purchase, Cover-More policies give you peace of mind by offering a 'cooling off period' of 15 business days. During this time, you can obtain a full refund (if you haven't made a claim and your departure date has not passed). If you need to cancel your policy, please phone Flight Centre on 133 133.