With fifty states, epic coastlines, far-flung islands and a whole lotta space, there's a lot of the United States to explore. Whether you heart the bright lights and big cities or hanker for a lonesome highway and that small-town vibe, roll the dice and see where America will take you. From the desert to the snow-capped peaks and from the rolling surf to evergreen forests and man-made monuments, here's some more America to discover. What's next on your list of must-dos in the USA?
1. Hike the Grand Canyon.
2. Hit the Strip to see the neon lights of Las Vegas.
3. Pay your respects to the King at Graceland, Memphis, Tennessee.
4. Be in the crowd at Coachella, one of the US's most popular music festivals.
5. Have a moment on top of the Empire State Building in NYC.
6. Check out a basketball game – stadium or street.
7. Do a pizza and movie tour of Brooklyn.
8. Learn to surf in Waikiki Beach, Hawaii.
9. See the Northern Lights in Alaska.
10. Go road-tripping on Route 66.
11. Get in with the in-crowd at SXSW in Austin, Texas.
12. Let it all hang out at the New Orleans Mardi Gras.
13. See a musical on Broadway in New York.
14. Ride a cable car in San Francisco.
15. Check out an ice hockey game.
16. Ride the Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty.
17. Sample the microbreweries of Portland, Oregon.
18. Eat a hotdog at Coney Island, NYC.
19. See the ball drop on New Year’s Eve in Times Square.
20. See the stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
21. Look out for grizzly bears at Denali National Park, Alaska.
22. Take a gamble on Las Vegas Boulevard.
23. Try deep-dish pizza in Chicago.
24. Rock out at Seattle’s Experience Music Project in Washington State.
25. Watch a gridiron game.
26. Head out to the desert at Death Valley, California.
27. Ski the Rocky Mountains in Colorado.
28. Take a hydrofoil across the Everglades in Florida.
29. Do spring break in Miami.
30. See an active volcano on the Big Island, Hawaii.
The real NYC. Behind the scenes in New York
Let it go. How to cope with post-Disney depression
31. See Mickey and friends at Walt Disney World, Orlando in Florida.
32. Cycle across the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco.
33. See the White House in Washington D.C.
34. Ride the Maid of the Mist across Niagara Falls.
35. Have a picnic in Central Park, NYC.
36. Go rollerblading in Venice Beach, LA.
37. See the presidents at Mount Rushmore National Memorial, South Dakota.
38. Visit the Rock on Alcatraz Island, San Francisco.
39. Have a day out at Dollywood, Dolly Parton’s theme park in Tennessee.
40. Ride the Mad Tea Party ride at Disneyland, California.
41. Eat barbecue in Texas.
42. See the hoodoos in Utah’s Bryce Canyon National Park.
43. Go snowboarding in Park City, Utah.
44. Check out the geysers at Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming.
45. Go UFO spotting at Roswell, New Mexico.
46. Enjoy all the music genres at New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.
47. Do a swamp tour in Louisiana.
48. Look for dinosaurs in the Badlands, South Dakota.
49. Wander around Fargo in North Dakota.
50. Shop up a storm at Mall of America, Minnesota.
51. Check out ‘The Bean’ at Millennium Park, Chicago.
52. Celebrate St Patrick’s Day in Boston.
53. Go trick or treating for Halloween.
54. Have Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixins.
55. Eat soul food in the Deep South.
56. Get on the soul train at Motown Museum, Detroit.
57. Mosh out at Lollapalooza in Chicago.
58. Feel the need for speed at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
59. See and hear the legends at Cleveland’s Rock and Rock Hall of Fame and Museum.
60. Frock up for the Kentucky Derby in Louisville, Kentucky.
61. Watch a country music concert at Grand Ole Opry, Nashville.
62. Get your glitz on in Miami’s South Beach.
63. Kayak Alaska’s Inside Passage.
64. Learn about the civil rights movement in Georgia.
65. Do a ghost tour of Savannah.
66. Get your thrills on the Apocalypse at Six Flags America, Maryland.
67. Party hard on the Jersey Shore a.k.a. Seaside Heights, New Jersey.
68. Satisfy your sweet tooth at Pennsylvania’s Hershey Park.
69. Eat a Philly cheese steak in Philadelphia.
70. Spend a summer in the Hamptons.
71. Get cultured at the Met, NYC.
72. Sit in the bleachers at Boston’s Fenway Park.
73. Pretend you go to Harvard on a university tour.
74. Eat all the ice-cream on a Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory Tour in Vermont.
75. Get your tech on in Silicon Valley, California.
76. Sunbathe on a beautiful Maui beach.
77. Shred the powder at Telluride, Colorado.
78. Check out the off-piste action at Squaw Valley, California.
79. Rave in the desert at Burning Man.
80. Tour the cellar doors of Napa Valley in California.
81. Run the Boston Marathon.
82. Salsa at Calle Ocho, Miami.
83. Build a snowman out of fresh powder in winter.
84. Take a balloon ride in New Mexico.
85. Go whitewater rafting in Middle Fork, Idaho.
86. Visit Yosemite National Park in California.
87. See the fall leaves in New England.
88. Drive along the Big Sur coastline.
89. Hike in Red Rock Canyon.
90. Experience Space Camp in Huntsville, Alabama.
91. Do a night-time helicopter ride over Las Vegas.
92. Watch the flying fish at Seattle’s Pike Place Market.
93. See the star’s homes on a Hollywood tour.
94. Watch a Las Vegas show.
95. Be in the audience for The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
96. Get tickets to Ellen.
97. Be wowed by the exhibits at the Smithsonian in Washington D.C.
98. Check out the art and architecture at the NYC Guggenheim.
99. Experience the contrasts at Utah's Monument Valley.
100. Do Santa Monica Pier in California.
101. See the sea lions at San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
Visit your local Flight Centre store or call 131 600 for more advice and the latest deals on travelling to the USA.