Currently Air Vanuatu and Fiji Airways are continuing flights.
Virgin Australia (VA)
- Virgin Australia currently flies Brisbane to Port Vila and the airline has made the call that its aircraft cannot use the runway in its current condition.
- The last operating service from Brisbane to Port Vila will be VA171 on 30 January 1030 - 1415
- The last operating service from Port Vila to Brisbane will be VA170 on 30 January 1505 - 1710
- Only guests travelling on their return flight (that is coming / returning home) or travelling one-way to or from Port Vila, Vanuatu (VLI) will be accepted for travel on flight VA171 (Brisbane to Port Vila) or flight VA170 (Port Vila to Brisbane) on Saturday 30 January 2016.
- Please see further information below for Virgin Australia options.
Fiji Airways (FJ)
- Fiji Airways continues to operate services into Vanuatu's Port Vila Airport at this stage.
Air New Zealand (NZ)
- Air New Zealand has temporarily suspended services in and out of Port Vila following an internal assessment of the airport. The last flight operated on 24 January.
- Qantas has temporarily suspended its codeshare services with Air Vanuatu.
- Customers due to travel on the Qantas codeshare services between 23 January and 4 February are offered a number of alternative options. Contact your travel consultant for more information.
Air Vanuatu (NF)
- Air Vanuatu continues to operate as per normal.
Virgin Australia options
Virgin Australia has advised that all passengers booked on their Vanuatu services post Saturday 30 January are able to cancel with refund, change destination or hold money in travel credit.
Other Virgin Australia South Pacific destinations include:
- Honiara (Solomon Islands)
- Port Moresby (Papua New Guinea)
- Nandi (Fiji)
- Apia (Samoa)
- Nuku'alofa (Tonga)
- Rarotonga (Cook Islands)
- New Zealand (Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Queenstown, Dunedin)
For further information please contact your travel consultant.