UPDATE TUE 28 APRIL 1650: Flight Centre are continuing to monitor the situation in Nepal and will provide airline and tour updates as they become available.
- Intrepid have cancelled most tour bookings departing this week
- If you have an Intrepid or any other tour supplier booking, please call your travel consultant or our call our 24 hour contact number on 133 133
- Passengers travelling to Kathmandu for departures until 30 Apr 15 can defer their travel until 30 Jun 15 at nil cost provided same booking class is available
- If travelling up to 30 Apr 15 customers can choose to reroute to another destination with any fare and tax difference. Fees are waived. Again for departures up to 30 Jun 15
- At this stage these options need to be completed by your travel consultant before 30 Apr 15.
As more information comes to hand we will continue to update.
Flight Centre's thoughts and prayers are with all the people of Nepal, the surrounding affected areas and those who have been affected by this tragedy.
Event: Magnitude 7.8 earthquake struck Nepal on Saturday 25 April followed by a number of very strong after-shocks which are still ongoing.
Flights have resumed operations from/to Kathmandu Tribhuvan Airport with limited and delayed service. More details can be found on the airport's website.
Refer to DFAT (Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) for information on the affected region in Nepal and Everett Base Camp plus surrounding areas.
For flight and tour information, including rescheduling, please speak with your travel consultant to enquire on options available.
For all travel questions please contact your travel consultant direct or 133 133 twenty four hours per day. For calls from outside Australia please call +61 7 3170 7840.
The company's thoughts are with the people of Nepal and those who have been affected by this tragedy.