Oh brilliant stelliferous sky how you make our hearts weep. Too much? Most of us don't get excited about stars, constellations and the like. Maybe that's because we've spent too much of our lives looking up into the same night sky dulled by light pollution from homes and skyscrapers.
Get out and venture to some of the world's more remote places where the night skies rival the majesty of the Sistine Chapel's ceiling. We guarantee you'll lose time admiring these natural canvasses.
Don't believe us? Take a look at what you're missing.
1. Atacama Desert, Chile
2. Kruger National Park, South Africa
3. Joshua Tree National Park, USA
4. Wilsons Promontory National Park, Australia
5. The Lake District, England
More gorgeous night sights
6. Queensland, Australia
7. Kiruna, Sweden
8. Hawaii, USA
9. Easter Island, South Pacific
10. Aoraki Mackenzie International Dark Sky Reserve, New Zealand
Visit your local Flight Centre store or call 131 600 for more advice and the latest deals.
(Featured image: Andrew Tallon)