History is palpable everywhere you go in Athens. Ancient ruins showcase the ingenuity of humankind and are still well-preserved despite dating back thousands of years.
The Acropolis is the crown jewel of it all, with the facade of the Parthenon overlooking the city. A visit to the Agora offers a glimpse at ancient common areas, while the Temple of Poseidon is perfect for a day trip.
Athens continues to blossom on the more modern front. A short stroll through the narrow streets of the city reveals a vibrant culinary scene with charming cafes, restaurants and 'ouzeries'.
While burgeoning neighbourhoods such as Kolonaki, Gazi and Psiri show the city's inkling toward trendy nightlife venues and chic boutiques.
Socialise over coffee at...
- The modern TAF
- Trendy A for Athens
- Sophisticated Black Duck
Experience the beauty of...
- Views from Mount Lycabettus
- The National Gardens of Athens
- Sunsets from Filopappos Hill
Spend your holiday budget at...
- The varied and vibrant Plaka
- Monastiraki's Flea Market
- Kolonaki 's upmarket boutiques
Consider a day trip to...
- The old port city of Piraeus
- The ancient city of Corinth
- Delphi's historic ruins
(Featured Image: Getty)