Former rugby league superstar, Jarryd Hayne is on the cusp of his third NFL game.
Hayne's focus is on football, but we can't help being distracted by his other golden opportunity: a fully-funded jaunt around the USA.
Now that he's on the 49ers' 53-man roster, Hayne will visit another seven American cities, excluding the already played Week 2 game at Pittsburgh and the other seven games in San Francisco.
If you're planning to see the Hayne Plane in action, you'll enjoy something he won't: spare time for sightseeing. Here are our highlights.
Week 3 (27 Sept): Phoenix
The Arizona Cardinals host Hayne and the 49ers at about 7.05am Australian time today at their home stadium in Phoenix Arizona. This will be Hayne's first game against a divisional rival (think Bulldogs vs Eels).
When in Phoenix...
- Head Downtown for the Children's Museum of Phoenix, Roosevelt Row art district and famous Phoenix restaurants.
- Stop in at the Phoenix Ale Brewery's taproom for panini and a microbrew tasting flight.
- Venture out to Rawhide, a replica 1800s town with gunfights, stagecoach rides and more Wild West mayhem.
Week 5 (11 Oct): New York
Although this game will actually be played at the New York Giants' home field in East Rutherford, New Jersey, it's only a short train ride from New York.
When in New York...
- Explore Central Park to find Strawberry Fields, the Great Lawn, Belvedere Castle and the Reservoir.
- Visit Broadway and catch such shows as Wicked, The Phantom of the Opera, The Lion King and Matilda.
- Catch the ferry across to Staten Island to witness the Statue of Liberty and discover the island's food, beaches and history.
Week 8 (1 Nov): St Louis
Another division rival and another tough game for Hayne as he takes on what might arguably be the NFL's most formidable defensive line.
When in St Louis...
- Join kindred spirits at the Ballpark Village, a sports-focused entertainment district with bars, restaurants, merchandise and live music.
- Cruise the Missouri on a music-themed riverboat ride.
- Reach the treetops at Grafton Zipline Adventures with nine lines including the 610-metre-long Soaring Eagle.
It's a rooftop kind of day at #ballparkvillage. #STLcards A photo posted by Ballpark Village STL (@bpvstl) on
Staying In New York? 10 Best New York Foodie Experiences
Making it a road trip? Lookin' For Adventure: US Road Trip Itineraries
Week 11 (22 Nov): Seattle
The away games don't get any easier when Hayne comes up against a tough Seattle Seahawks outfit inside a deafening CenturyLink Field. Fortunately, the rest of the city is a lot more welcoming.
When in Seattle...
- Take in the view from 160 metres up at the Space Needle.
- Explore Pioneer Square, Seattle's 'first neighbourhood' with Renaissance architecture, nightlife, restaurants and boutiques.
- Cross the border during a seaplane flight between Seattle and Victoria, Canada.
A photo posted by David Marten (@architecturepic) on
Week 13 (6 Dec): Chicago
Hopefully Hayne has crossed into the end zone by this point, but if he hasn't, he's got a good chance against a lacklustre Chicago Bears team that has given up 79 points over the first two games.
When in Chicago...
- Combine football with ice hockey when reigning NHL champs the Chicago Blackhawks face the Nashville Predators two days later.
- Head to Navy Pier for rides, a children's museum, Shakespeare theatre, boat cruises, dining and regular events.
- Visit red panda cubs, African lions and more at the free-to-enter Lincoln Park Zoo.
Week 14 (13 Dec): Cleveland
The state of Ohio is a Hall of Fame hub. The current Cleveland Browns aren't yet at that level, but many analysts claim this year's team is best-equipped for a playoff appearance. A blockbuster might be on the cards.
When in Cleveland...
- See music legends at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with exhibits on Elvis, Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd and other rock royalty.
- Hunt for artisanal goods, such as cigars, international food and coffee, at West Side Market.
- Thrill yourself silly on the 17 roller coasters at Cedar Point Amusement Park.
Five years after the death of #MichaelJackson, his legacy and impact lives on through the countless musicians and entertainers he influenced and fans he inspired. The 2001 #RockHall Inductee enjoyed the level of stardom previously known only to #Elvis, #theBeatles and #FrankSinatra. Share you top #MJ songs below. A photo posted by Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (@rockhall) on
Week 16 (27 Dec): Detroit
Depending on how the season goes, this game might be a non-factor for one or both of these teams. Good news for Hayne fans, as he might see more playing time.
When in Detroit...
- Hop across to Belle Isle Park, which houses an aquarium, conservatory, zoo and museum.
- Travel back to Detroit's past with detailed exhibitions at the Detroit Historical Museum.
- Check out the house artwork on Heidelberg Street, known as the Heidelberg Project.
Color shines through a snowy day in this shot by @loulee22 A photo posted by The Heidelberg Project (@heidelbergproj) on
Home Games: San Francisco
The 49ers have a tough, yet entertaining home schedule, hosting the Green Bay Packers, Baltimore Ravens, Seattle Seahawks, Atlanta Falcons, Arizona Cardinals, Cincinnati Bengals and St Louis Rams.
When in San Francisco...
- Get locked up in America's most famous prison on Alcatraz Island.
- Wander around Fisherman's Wharf to watch sea lions, purchase fresh seafood and visit nearby attractions.
- Stay out late in the South of Market and Mission districts at live band and DJ clubs.
A photo posted by Alcatraz Cruises (@alcatrazcruises) on