We all know New Zealand is off-the-charts beautiful, but here’s the proof. Our friends at Instagram have just released their list of the most popular Kiwi locations to be geotagged in 2017. There are some old favourites as well as some new entries, including a new number one: Milford Sound.
Tourism New Zealand General Manager, Australia Tony Saunders said, “New Zealand scenery is unrivalled and we know travellers love to share it with their followers. We’re not surprised to see Milford Sound take the number one spot this year. Rudyard Kipling has described it as the 'eighth wonder of the world' and it's breathtaking any time of year so we anticipate more Aussie visitors to take in the scenic views next year.”
So when you’re planning your next trip to New Zealand and want make sure you’re in the right spot to get the most stunning pics, let this swoon-worthy list be your guide.
1. Milford Sound, Fiordland, South Island
2. Hobbiton Movie Set, Waikato, North Island
3. Lake Tekapo, Canterbury, South Island
4. Mount Maunganui, Bay of Plenty, North Island
5. Aoraki Mount Cook, Canterbury, South Island
6. Lake Wanaka, Wanaka, South Island
7. Tongariro Alpine Crossing, Ruapehu, North Island
8. Takapuna Beach, Auckland, North Island
9. Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown, South Island
10. Lake Pukaki, Canterbury, South Island
Feature image credit: Matt Crawford