Home to the world-famous Banff and Jasper National Parks, Alberta is a breath of fresh air, all year round.
Bordered on the west by the majestic Canadian Rocky Mountains and to the east by the Canadian Badlands, Alberta offers vast mountainous landscapes flanked by turquoise lakes. The state pairs cosmopolitan cities with irresistible cowboy charm and offers the best hiking, mountain biking, skiing and water sports in the country. Not to mention amazing culinary offerings – carnivores will delight in sampling the local beef, bison, moose, elk and deer.
Edmonton and Calgary offer great urban experiences from endless shopping to a lively arts and culture scene. A short drive from Calgary you’ll find cattle country and plenty of opportunities to experience Canadian ranch life by camping and horse riding at the foot of the stunning Rocky Mountains. For the ultimate road trip, the Icefields Parkway between Lake Louise and Jasper is breathtaking.
Enjoy winter wonderland by...
- Staying in a mountain lodge
- Taking a dog-sled ride
- Soaking in Banff’s hot springs
When the snow thaws go...
- Horseback riding at Rocky Mountain foothills
- Canoeing on Lake Louise
- Mountain-biking in Hinton
Chow-down on local cuisine at...
- The Grizzly House (Banff Village)
- Charcut Roast House (Calgary)
- Papa George's Restaurant (Jasper)
Only a local would know you can...
- Stay overnight in a First Nations Tipi
- Get free pancakes at the Calgary Stampede
- Waterslide at the West Edmonton Mall