International travellers have been warned to expect delays at all Australian airports over three days this week because of a planned strike by Immigration and Border Protection staff.
The strikes by Community and Public Sector Union members are slated for Thursday, Friday and Saturday at various times, and are expected to affect travellers into and out of Australia.
Although arrangements have been made to minimise the impact on airport operations, passengers should arrive early for international flights and allow at least three hours to check in and clear customs and immigration. Travellers arriving on international flights may also experience delays.
No flight cancellations are expected, but travellers should check the status of their flight before departing for the airport.
The strike dates, times and locations are as follows:
Thursday, August 11, 2016
• Perth International Airport – 9.15pm to midnight
Friday-Saturday, August 12-13, 2016
• All International airports across Australia – midnight August 12 to midnight August 13
Saturday, August 13, 2016
- Brisbane International Airport – midnight to 4.30am
- Cairns International Airport – midnight to 12.30am
- Melbourne International Airport – midnight to 1am