The 'City of Angeles' may enjoy a Hollywood backdrop, but there's more to Los Angeles than just a glitzy celebrity culture.
Kick off your time in Tinseltown by hiring a car (preferably a convertible in L.A. style) and taking a spin along Mulholland Drive, where lookouts along the way reveal the sheer magnitude of this magnetic metropolis. As you make your way down through ‘the Hills’, swing by the Hollywood Bowl and jive to jazz or catch the classics during the warmer months.
Treat the kids (and yourself!) to a day at Disneyland – the Happiest Place on Earth needs no introduction – or peak behind the silver screen at Universal Studios. If you’d rather spend time with your MasterCard than with Mickey, make your way to Beverley Hills for some stylish souveniring. Don’t forget to add a token tour of movie star’s homes to see how the other half live, before indulging your own California dreaming with a cruise along the Pacific Coast Highway from Santa Monica to Malibu.
1. Flash your cash at the retailers of...
- Rodeo Drive (Choo, Cartier & Chanel)
- The Citadel Outlets (Klein, Kors & Kate Spade)
- Melrose Avenue (McQueen, Marc & more!)
2. Top spots for celeb snapshots...
- The footprint-filled TCL Chinese Theater
- Hollywood Boulevard’s ‘Walk of Fame’
- Beverly Hills: home to the rich & famous
3. Join the sun-kissed locals at...
- Bohemian, muscle-bound Venice Beach
- Malibu’s surf-friendly Zuma Beach
- Iconic and social Santa Monica Beach
4. Get your game face on and see...
- The Dodgers hit a home run at Dodger Stadium
- The Lakers slam dunk at the Staples Center
- Galaxy score goals at the Home Depot Center