Singapore, lah! This modern city-state is small in stature but packs a punch on the holiday front, with a magnetic urban environment and old-world Asian charm.
When the bright lights of Marina Bay come calling, there’s little sense in resisting the lure of one of Asia’s most glamorous cities. Boasting plenty of high-quality restaurants, trendy new nightclubs and a stunning water-lined location, there’s so much to see and do in Singapore you won’t know where to start!
Every year the streets of Marina Bay light up for the annual Singapore Formula One Grand Prix, while the Singapore Food Festival tempts epicureans with its delectable delights. Then there’s Universal Studios Singapore, the Botanic Gardens, Singapore Zoo and Sentosa Island, ensuring there’s no shortage of familiar sights to enjoy in the ever-changing Lion City.
Sample the sights from…
• Singapore Flyer (bird’s-eye aerial views)
• Botanic Gardens (the city’s green lungs)
• Singapore Zoo (for a unique Night Safari)
Stuff your suitcase with souvenirs from…
• Orchard Road’s boutique stores
• Tiny backstreet shops in Chinatown
• Hip fashion boutiques on Haji Lane
Treat your tastebuds to…
• Kaya toast and eggs from a kopitiam
• Tasty hawker food at Maxwell Road
• Chilli crab cooked Singaporean style
Dance the night away at…
• Zouk: Singapore’s world-famous nightclub
• Avalon: one of Marina Bay’s hottest venues
•Canvas: formerly the beloved 'Home Club' venue