From black sand beaches to verdant rainforests, Tahiti offers a slice of island paradise in the heart of French Polynesia. When it comes to island getaways, there are few more idyllic locations than Tahiti and its surrounding islands.
With sun-soaked beaches and lush rainforest interiors, it's little wonder this far-flung speck of the South Pacific has lured adventure seekers and holiday lovers to its sunny shores for decades. Dotted with turquoise lagoons and fringed by coral reefs bursting with colour, you can choose your own adventure on a trip to Tahiti.
Whether you prefer to kick back and relax on the beach, head into the hills for some hiking or venture offshore to explore the underwater world, you'll soon find your niche on the charismatic islands of French Polynesia.
Dip your toes into the warm waters of...
- Black sand Lafayette Beach.
- Crystal-clear Bora Bora lagoon.
- Afareaitu's waterfall rock pools.
Enjoy a slice of Tahitian culture in…
- An authentic outrigger canoe.
- July – for the Heiva i Tahiti festival.
- An open-air communal Marae.
Touch of France: French Flavours in the South Pacific
Cultural immersion: Sean Scott Chases Waves & Whales in Tahiti
Open your heart and wallet to…
- A string of Tahitian black pearls.
- The stalls of Papeete Municipal Market.
- Some duty-free French perfume.
Sample the tastes of Tahiti with…
- A sumptuous Poisson Cru.
- Some mobile roulotte-style dining.
- A Sunday feast from a hima'a.