From impossibly green rice terraces to the other-worldly Halong Bay, Vietnam abounds with sights certain to leave you awestruck.
From the saddle of your cycle (as is the definitive way of viewing Vietnam) you will find rural villages sustained by non la-wearing farmers along with grand colonial hubs such as Hoi An.
Follow the country’s arc and see where it takes you – an imperial ancient city or an off-shore utopia?
Vietnam’s north and south are like apple and oranges, with the grand and graceful boulevards of capital Hanoi worlds apart from the inexhaustible energy of Ho Chi Minh City. Formerly known as Saigon, HCMC today rivals Bangkok and Singapore with its progressive zest for life.
Put on your party hat and celebrate...
- Yen Tu Spring Festival
- Tet Nguyen Dan – Lunar New Year
- Huong Pagoda Festival
Lay down some Dong and buy...
- Traditional silk ao dai tunics
- Non la conical hats
- Bespoke suits from Hoi An
Don’t leave without trying...
- Goi cuon – fresh spring rolls
- Banh khot – mini pancakes
- Ca phe trung – sweet egg coffee
Explore off the beaten track at...
- The beautiful beach town of Qui Nhon
- The remote mountain town of Sapa
- The impossibly scenic Con Dao islands