Flight Centre's Cindy Hahn recently traveled to the North Island of New Zealand. After spending the day at Mount Maunganui and Moturiki Island Cindy Hahn and her group were picked up from their hotel in Tauranga and taken on a 20 minute drive to Waimarino to set off on a Glow Worm kayaking experience, Cindy tells us about their evening below.
When we arrived at Waimarino we watched the sun set over Lake McLaren and enjoyed some delicious New Zealand wine and snacks. There wasn't a violin playing in the background but the scenery, food, wine and atmosphere was so beautiful and picturesque that it wouldn't have been surprising if there was.
Here is a run down on how the Glow Worm kayaking experience and what to expect:
- The staff will set you up with kayaks, safety gear and waterproof jackets
- You will receive a crash course on paddling and steering
- Get to know the group while waiting for dusk
- The guides are fantastic, lots of fun and professional. They will lead the group out on to the lake heading to the canyon where the Glow Worms are
- The only source of light to guide you through the tour is the moon
- Get ready to be dazzled and charmed by thousands of Glow Worms
- The Glow Worms will guide you to the end of the canyon, they are on nearly every visible surface and are absolutely stunning!
- The round trip will take over an hour and is hard work but definitely a worthwhile encounter with nature.
- I highly recommend this activity!
Looking for more information about travelling to New Zealand? Contact [email]text=Cindy Hahn[/email], an International Travel Consultant with Flight Centre based in Helensvale, Queensland who can be reached at 1300 290 045 or by [email]text=email[/email].