Tammi Sirett from Flight Centre Carindale takes a unique approach to experiencing Rome, by vowing to discover the best views Rome has to offer. From the Vatican to the Trevi Fountain, Tammi recalls her five favourite Roman vantage points.
Seeing the magnificent sights of Rome the conventional way, as stunning and culturally significant as they are, can often feel too clichéd and touristy. So this time we decided to do something a little different.
Dreading the thought of battling crowds at the most common tourist spots, we instead decided to make this Roman holiday all about amazing views, not to mention a different flavour of gelato every day. The end result was incredible - we discovered so many breathtaking views (most of which involved eating) and saw a whole new side of this wonderful city.
These were our top five:
- Vatican City: Looking back over St. Peter's Basilica from the top flolor of Castel Sant'Angelo while enjoying delicious lasagne and coffee.
- Trevi Fountain: Looking down over the fountain from the charming balcony of the Relais Fontana di Trevi.
- Spanish Steps: A magnificent view of the Spanish Steps from the top floor of Caffetteria Barcaccia, sipping on beautiful Italian coffee.
- Eden Hotel: Looking over the city of Rome at sunset, accompanied by a martini and some fine Italian food.
- Pantheon: Sitting back with a pizza at one of the many little cafés around the Pantheon, in awe of this amazing structure.