The French air traffic controllers' union (SNCTA) has called upon its members to strike for 48 hours beginning Wednesday 08 April early shift to Thursday 09 April 2015 end of night shift (all local time). The dispute is over working conditions.
- Flights to and from most French ports will be impacted
- It is expected that short-haul and medium-haul services will be affected the most
- This action will affect services on Wednesday 08 April and Thursday 09 April local time. Further action is planned between 16 and 18 April and 29 April and 02 May.
The airports include the main gateways of Paris Charles de Gaulle and Orly Airport as well as the following: Bordeaux, Lyon, Marseille, Toulouse, Nice and Nantes.
Customers travelling to / from France on long haul services may find that these services are not impacted but their short haul connections to/from France will be.
A number of carriers have already cancelled services in anticipation of the disruption.
Air France (AF)
- Long-haul program of flights will still operate
- 50% of medium-haul program to/from Charles de Gaulle (CDG)
- One flight out of four to/from Paris Orly
- 40% departing and arriving from other French airports
American Airlines (AA)
American Airlines are waiving change fees for all flights to/from France during the strike period. Contact your travel consultant for further details.
British Airways (BA)
Several flights will be delayed or cancelled in/out of French airports. Other flights that use French air space will also be delayed or cancelled.
Delta (DL) and KLM (KL)
Delta is allowing voluntary flight changes with no fees for flights affected by the strike. Contact your travel consultant for any tickets contain a DL or KL flight number.
118 flights to/from France have been cancelled including 10 flights to/from UK.
No update has been provided by the airline at this stage.
Ryanair have cancelled 278 flights on April 8 and 254 flights on April 9. Affected customers will be emailed and/or called on contact number provided at time of booking. Please check the Ryanair website for further information on flights affected.
United Airlines (UA)
No update provided by United Airlines at this stage. Please check flight status prior to going to the airport.
For further information please contact your travel consultant.