From 26/09/2024 to 16/12/2025
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Thu 26 2024 to Oct Sat 05 2024AvailableFrom$3,890*
Oct Sun 27 2024 to Nov Tue 05 2024AvailableFrom$3,890*
Dec Sun 08 2024 to Dec Tue 17 2024AvailableFrom$3,890*
Jan Wed 01 2025 to Jan Fri 10 2025AvailableFrom$4,090*
Feb Sun 16 2025 to Feb Tue 25 2025AvailableFrom$4,090*
Marvel at the monolithic churches of Lalibela.
Discover the medieval castles in the old capital of Gondar.
Day walk in the Simien Mountains.
Cruise to the tranquil island monasteries of Lake Tana and Blue Nile Falls.
Explore the capital, Addis Ababa.
Sightseeing in Bahir Dar.
9 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 7 dinnersairport transfer Day 1 only2 nights in 3 star hotel in Addis and 7 nights in best available hotels elsewhere on a twinshare basisprivate road transportboat trip on Lake Tanasite entrance and national park fees per itinerarylocal guides at each location (English speaking tour leader throughout for 6 or more guests)World Expeditions does not require single travellers to pay a surcharge for travelling alone.
We will arrange for you to share accommodation with another traveller of the same gender and if we cannot match you up we will provide a single room at no extra charge.
If you prefer not to share a single supplement is payable to guarantee your own room.
Please refer to our website for the additional cost.
All accommodation is on a twin share basis, unless single rooms are requested and paid for in advance.
All rooms have ensuite bathroom.
In Addis Ababa we use a 3-4 star hotel.
Outside of the capital the accommodation can be basic.
We will use the best available properties in these instances.
In Ethiopia, power cuts can occur at any time and hot water supply can be erratic.
Group Size: 4 - 15.
Ethiopia is an African enigma, combining a rich history, mosaic of cultures and incredible geographic diversity. The highlands strong Orthodox Christian heritage has been formidably maintained over the millennia, alone amongst Islam and tribal cultures in surrounding African countries. From the colourful chaotic sprawl of the capital Addis Ababa, medieval castles of Gondar, to the tranquil island monasteries of Lake Tana, it is indeed a land of contrasts. This itinerary includes walking in the Simien Mountains for a look at highlands life as well as time to take in the greatest of the ancient churches including the 12th century rock-hewn churches of Lalibela. The tremendous ethnic diversity of Ethiopia is evident as we explore the only country in Africa to have escaped colonialism.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 February 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans