Kimberley Family Holiday
From 29/09/2021 to 03/10/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Your whole family will be spoilt with the amount of places to swim and explore in the Kimberley.
On the cards are Windjana Gorge, Galvans Gorge, Manning Gorge and more!.
Learn of the mysterious legend of the Aboriginal freedom fighter who hid out in the Tunnel Creek cave system as you explore the same paths on a guided nature walk.
Spend quality time sharing stories and toasting marshmallows around a campfire as the night sky in the Kimberley lights up with stars you’ll never have seen at home.
During your hike through in the Windjana Gorge National Park, you and your leader will go in search of resident freshwater crocodiles in the area.
Be sure to keep your distance!.
Get the opportunity to appreciate the works of local Indigenous artists as you stop by Norval Art Gallery in Derby.
Kids – you may even have time to try some out yourself!.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 5.
Dinners Included: 4.
Camping (4 nights).
Private 4WD vehicle.
Age: min 5.
Group Size: 1 - 22.
Tunnel Creek - Cave visit.
Derby - Boab Prison Tree.
Galvans Gorge - Visit and swim.
Manning Gorge - Bushwalk.
Adcock Gorge - Visit and swim.
Bell Gorge - Visit and walk.
Derby - Norval Art Gallery.
Day 1 - Broome - Windjana Gorge Welcome to Broome! After meeting your leader and fellow families at a central location in town this morning, transfer to your private vehicle and journey along the Gibb River Road to the renowned ‘Boab Prison Tree’. It’s nothing like you’ve seen before – just imagine what type of treehouse could be built on top! Continue into the Windjana Gorge National Park where you’ll set up camp and enjoy lunch together. Afterwards, get ready for an adventure to Tunnel Creek – a cave system carved through the Napier Range. There is a large variety of wildlife on display here, plus some seriously impressive stalactites. Your guide will also explain the legend of Jandamarra, who was an Aboriginal freedom fighter in the 1800s who used this tunnel as a hideout. Arrive back at your group campsite at around sunset, and as you watch the day turn to night deep in the Kimberley, enjoy a delicious campfire dinner.
Day 2 - Galvans Gorge - Mt Barnett Station Spend the morning weaving through Windjana Gorge searching for freshwater crocodiles (at a distance!), local birdlife and indigenous bush tucker with your guide. Part of the 350-million-year-old Napier Range, this geological wonder has gorge walls rising over 90 metres into the sky and each way you look, you’ll discover something new. This afternoon, you and the family have the chance to swim at Galvans Gorge – a stunning waterhole surrounded by boab trees and set among water lillies. Tonight, camp and enjoy an included dinner on Mt Barnett Cattle Station deep in the heart of gorge country, set near a billabong.
Day 3 - Manning Gorge - Mt Barnett Station Today, it’s time to explore the remote and eye-opening Manning Gorge. It’s quite an adventure to get to Manning Falls today – surrounded by high cliffs, cross the meandering Manning River either by swimming or pulley boat and take a rugged bushwalk towards the waterfalls. You’re right in the wilderness now. You and your family will have earned a well-deserved swim in the deep clear pools of Manning Gorge, so take your time and relax here. In the afternoon, relax by the Manning River, perhaps with another swim or some games, before setting up the campfire for an included dinner. Also, get some long sticks ready – let’s toast some marshmallows under the night sky!
Day 4 - Adcock Gorge - Wunaamin Miliwundi Ranges - Silent Grove Your morning will be spent relaxing in Adcock Gorge, surrounded by sandstone ranges and lush rainforest. Enjoy a swim, and then travel to Silent Grove to set up camp and have some lunch together. After lunch, get your walking shoes on as you head off to explore the spectacular Bell Gorge in the Wunaamin Miliwundi Ranges. You’ll arrive at some of the region’s most beautiful waterfalls cascading into crystal clear pools below, formed over millions of years and considered sacred natural wonders. Today – like most days on this adventure – all meals are included, so all you’ll have to do is keep your eyes peeled for the next wildlife spotting or stunning panorama shot.
Day 5 - Silent Grove - Broome Set off in your group vehicle as you return on the Gibb River Road bound for Norval Art Gallery in Derby. Discover local First Nations artists who have stunning works on display, interpreting the wilderness you’ve explored in the past days as well as local legends and stories through art. What’s more, the kids may even have an opportunity to produce a local artwork of their own! Head back on the road towards Broome, arriving at around 5 pm, where your family adventure will end on arrival.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans