Premium Israel & the Palestinian Territories
From 04/09/2024 to 03/01/2025
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Wed 04 2024 to Sep Tue 10 2024AvailableFrom$5,415*
Sep Sat 28 2024 to Oct Fri 04 2024AvailableFrom$5,415*
Oct Wed 16 2024 to Oct Tue 22 2024AvailableFrom$5,415*
Oct Wed 23 2024 to Oct Tue 29 2024AvailableFrom$5,415*
Nov Sat 02 2024 to Nov Fri 08 2024AvailableFrom$5,415*
Nov Sat 09 2024 to Nov Fri 15 2024AvailableFrom$5,415*
Nov Sat 23 2024 to Nov Fri 29 2024AvailableFrom$5,215*
Nov Wed 27 2024 to Dec Tue 03 2024AvailableFrom$5,215*
Dec Sat 07 2024 to Dec Fri 13 2024AvailableFrom$5,015*
Dec Sat 28 2024 to Jan Fri 03 2025AvailableFrom$4,990*
Experience some of the world’s most renowned religious sites – the Church of the Annunciation, the Church of the Nativity, Via Dolorosa, Qumran and the Western Wall.
Explore the hilltop fortress of Masada overlooking the vast Dead Sea, and venture down into the valley for a gravity-defying swim in its salty waters.
Gain an unmatched understanding of the area while travelling with an experienced local leader and spending time with the people who call this region home.
Learn about life for those who live in a refugee camp as you whip up authentic Palestinian dishes with the families of those who were forced to leave their villages during the 1949 Israeli-Arab war.
Be part of Haifa’s past during your Feature Stay.
More than 100 years old, The Colony Hotel Haifa is located in the city’s historic district, just 300m from the UNESCO listed Baha’i Gardens.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Eden Reforestation Projects.
Donations help them provide local employment opportunities and tackle climate change one tree at a time as they restore forests across 10 different countries.
Breakfasts Included: 6.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 2.
Comfortable hotel (5 nights),Feature Stay (1 night).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Complimentary Arrival Transfer.
Jerusalem - Welcome Dinner.
Jerusalem - Leader-led orientation walk.
Jerusalem - Western Wall (Wailing Wall).
Jerusalem - Old City walking tour.
Jerusalem - Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
Jerusalem - Rooftop views from the Austrian Hospice.
Jerusalem - Temple Mount Courtyard.
Jerusalem - Garden of Gethsemane.
Jerusalem - Mount of Olives.
Bethlehem - Church of the Nativity & Shepherds' Field.
Bethlehem - Refugee Camp Cooking Class.
Jerusalem - Conversation with a regional expert.
Jerusalem - Yad Vashem Museum.
Masada - Fortress visit by cable car.
Qumran - Archaeological site visit.
Dead Sea - Visit and float.
Jericho - Home Cooked Meal.
Tiberias - Sea of Galilee boat ride.
Capernaum - St Peter's Church.
Nazareth - Church of Annunciation & Mary's Well.
Haifa - Bahai Gardens view & photo stop.
Caesarea - Roman ruins.
Tel Aviv - Leader-led tour of Old Jaffa.
1 - Jerusalem Welcome to Israel! Your journey begins in Jerusalem, a city brimming with ancient history and holy sites. You will be collected from the airport and transferred to your centrally located hotel, where you'll meet your small group and experienced local leader for a 6pm welcome meeting. After your meeting, join your leader on an orientation walk to get acquainted with your home for the next three nights. Discover a captivating city influenced by its multicultural residents who have roots across the world, and leave feeling like a local. Then it's time to get to know your group over an included dinner at a restaurant set in an atmospheric 120-year-old building, serving up traditional and international delights. You may like to try maqluba, one of the region's most celebrated dishes, and find out why the name translates to "upside-down".
2 - Jerusalem Set off on a walk through Jerusalem as your leader shares local knowledge and ancient tales. Enter the Old City and visit Temple Mount Courtyard, where you can see the Dome of the Rock from the outside and Al Aqsa Mosque. Follow the Via Dolorosa along Jesus's path to crucifixion and stop by the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, then visit the remains of the Western Wall on the Temple Mount. Take some time out for lunch to taste one of the most famous hummus in Jerusalem, alongside with salads and falafel, then check out the views from the rooftop of a 19th-century guesthouse. Your evening is free to explore on your own.
3 - Jerusalem After breakfast, drive out to visit the Garden of Gethsemane before stopping at the Mount of Olives, where you'll be treated to incredible views of the Old City. See the Church of All Nations, then continue to Bethlehem. This afternoon, visit the Aida Refugee Camp and join some passionate home cooks for a cooking class. Learn about everyday life for those who live in the camp as you whip up authentic Palestinian dishes with the families of those who were forced to leave their villages during the 1949 Israeli-Arab war. At the end of the class, enjoy your culinary creations during a shared lunch. Return to Bethlehem and see the Church of the Nativity and nearby Shepherds' Fields in Beit Sahour before returning to Jerusalem. Visit Yad Vashem Museum, the World Holocaust Remembrance Center. Back at the hotel, have a conversation with a geopolitical expert to have a better understanding of the situation in this intriguing land.
4 - Jericho This morning, head to the clifftop fortress of Masada, where you'll take a cable car to the top. Your leader will explain why this World Heritage-listed site is so important to Jewish people, as a symbol of exile from the Holy Land, of bravery and self-sacrifice. Afterwards, drive to Qumran, an archaeological site on the West Bank, home to major discoveries such as the Dead Sea Scrolls. You'll even have a chance to float in the famously buoyant Dead Sea, which is not only fun but is also believed to provide numerous health benefits. Discover the slow-paced town of Jericho in the West Bank, where people have lived for over 11,000 years. Then onto an activity you won't find in the guidebooks - spend the evening with a local family in Jericho who will serve up a traditional Palestinian home-cooked dinner. Learn about life in this historic city, surrounded by churches and mosques. Hear the stories about daily life and enjoy traditional Palestinian food with your hosts.
5 - Haifa Say goodbye to Jericho and travel to Tiberias, a holy city sitting on the western shore of the Sea of Galilee. If conditions allow, take a boat ride across the Sea of Galilee while your leader fills you in on its spiritual significance. Then it's on to Capernaum, where you'll find two ancient synagogues and the church said to have been the home of Saint Peter. Next head to Nazareth, and visit the Church of the Annunciation - it's believed this is the place Mary was told by an angel she would conceive and bear God's son. Enjoy some free time in the Old City to grab lunch. Finally, continue to Haifa, a dynamic city where old and new go hand in hand, and check in to your Feature Stay. More than 100 years old, The Colony Hotel Haifa is located in the city's historic district, just 300m from the UNESCO listed Baha'i Gardens (garden entrance not included). You'll be perfectly placed to catch a glimpse of the famous 19 manicured terraces.
6 - Tel Aviv Today, visit Caesarea, once a great port town built by King Herod around 25 BC, the city was eventually abandoned and lost under the desert sands. Thanks to excavations in the 1950s, an amphitheatre, hippodrome, palace, Roman temple and a network of aqueducts are now on display. Arrive in Tel Aviv and spend the afternoon discovering this high-energy city with your leader, visiting the Old City of Jaffa and Peace Square.
7 - Tel Aviv With no activities planned for today, your journey through Israel and the Palestinian Territories comes to an end after breakfast. You are free to leave the accommodation at any time, provided you comply with the hotel's internal check-out times.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans