Into the Okavango - 6 Days
From 2024-03-28 to 2024-11-07
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Mar Thu 28 2024 to Apr Tue 02 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$6,915*
Apr Thu 25 2024 to Apr Tue 30 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$6,915*
May Thu 23 2024 to May Tue 28 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$6,915*
Jun Thu 20 2024 to Jun Tue 25 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$6,915*
Jul Thu 18 2024 to Jul Tue 23 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$8,825*
Aug Thu 15 2024 to Aug Tue 20 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$8,825*
Sep Thu 12 2024 to Sep Tue 17 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$8,825*
Oct Thu 10 2024 to Oct Tue 15 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$8,825*
Nov Thu 07 2024 to Nov Tue 12 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$6,915*
5 nights camping in comfortable walk in Meru-style tents with twin beds.
En-suite bathrooms with a traditional hot water safari bucket shower and bush loo.
5 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners.
All meals and selected drinks (wine, beer, G&T, selected soft drinks, fruit juice, bottled water, Amarula).
A one way light aircraft game flight flying over Chiefs Island from Maun to Moremi and return light aircraft transfers.
Experienced, licensed professional guide for the duration of your safari.
Game drives and local transfers in custom-made open game drive vehicles with shade roof, game viewing seats and long-range fuel tanks.
All entrance and camping fees for national parks and game reserves.
Dedicated safari team including cook, camp assistant and back-up driver.
Bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo and insect repellent).
Daily game drives and a 2½-hour mokoro trip.
Medical Evacuation Insurance with Okavango Air Rescue to Maun.
Day 1, Maun
Maun - Moremi Game Reserve. Welcome to Botswana! On arrival at Maun Airport, you will be met and transferred to a light aircraft. From here we enjoy a magical scenic flight over the incredible Okavango Delta. We'll be able to see for miles in all directions, and you may be able to see some of the Delta's bigger species, including elephants, as we pass overhead. Remember to bring your binoculars!
We land at a remote bush airstrip in the heart of Moremi Game Reserve, in the eastern corner of the Okavango Delta. Moremi is one of the most beautiful and varied reserves found on the African continent with huge concentrations of wildlife and incredible scenery. The reserve consists of both swamped areas, and dry-land areas.. The reserve protects around one-third of the Okavango and is home to all of the Big Five, including the rare black rhinoceros. There are also cheetah, hippo, giraffe, and even a population of endangered African wild dogs!
Enjoy a game drive through the reserve and a light lunch as we journey to our mobile camp in the Xakanaxa / Third Bridge area of Moremi where we will spend our first two nights. Settle in with a drink around the campfire and see which animal noises you recognize as darkness falls. The accommodation on this tour consists of simple but comfortable accommodation in en-suite walk-in Meru style tents.
no breakfast, no lunch, 1 dinner included.
Day 2, Moremi Game Reserve
Wake up at sunrise and head out on an early morning game drive after breakfast. Spot lumbering elephant herds, zebras, sleeping lions, and if we're really lucky, an elusive leopard or a pack of African wild dogs! Return to camp for lunch and then there's time to relax before heading out in search of wildlife again in the late afternoon as the animals awake from their day's slumber. Spend a second night at our mobile bush camp within the reserve.
1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner included.
Day 3-5, Khwai River
Moremi Game Reserve - Khwai Community Area. This morning we eat an early breakfast before packing up the camp and heading out of Moremi Game Reserve and into the neighbouring Khwai Community Area. This 1,800 square kilometre concession is home to around 400 local tribes people and is separated from the reserve by the Khwai River. It is in this area that our mobile camp is set up for the next three nights.
The Khwai Community Area is tremendous for wildlife, boasting Moremi on one side, and the Okavango Delta on the other. Iconic species including lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant and African wild dog all live in the area. And it is a great spot for birdwatching too, with species such as the Malachite kingfisher and colourful little bee-eater making the most of the Khwai River.
The rest of day 3 and the next two days are spent exploring the region's lush floodplains on morning and afternoon game drives. We also enjoy a 2.5-hour mokoro (traditional dugout canoe) trip into the Okavango, exploring narrow channels and watching wildlife on the bank as it comes to drink. Evenings are spent camping at our comfortable mobile camp out in the bush.
3 breakfast, 3 lunch, 3 dinner included.
Day 6, Maun
Khwai Community Area - Maun. Today your Botswana safari comes to an end. After breakfast, we'll head back to Maun, and lunch will be provided along the way. Arriving at around noon, it's just a short walk to the airport for your onward flight.
1 breakfast, 1 lunch, no dinner included.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans