Las Vegas to San Fran: Parks, Canyons, Valleys
From 30/04/2024 to 11/11/2025
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Apr Tue 30 2024 to May Tue 07 2024AvailableFrom$5,815*
May Tue 21 2024 to May Tue 28 2024AvailableFrom$5,705*
Jun Tue 11 2024 to Jun Tue 18 2024AvailableFrom$5,705*
Jul Tue 23 2024 to Jul Tue 30 2024AvailableFrom$5,634*
Aug Tue 20 2024 to Aug Tue 27 2024AvailableFrom$5,930*
Sep Tue 10 2024 to Sep Tue 17 2024AvailableFrom$5,930*
Sep Tue 24 2024 to Oct Tue 01 2024AvailableFrom$5,990*
Oct Tue 08 2024 to Oct Tue 15 2024AvailableFrom$5,705*
Oct Tue 22 2024 to Oct Tue 29 2024AvailableFrom$5,705*
Start your west coast adventure on the glitzy Strip of Las Vegas – hit the town for a dose of bright lights and the chance to win big!.
Explore the undulating sand dunes and striking landscapes of the Nevada desert before crossing into California and heading up into the Sierras.
Hike through sequoia forests, granite cliff faces and cascading waterfalls in Yosemite National Park – one of the best places for hiking, walking and wildlife spotting.
Enjoy a full day exploring California’s coastal parks, kick back on the gorgeous white sands of secrets coves and end with an evening of wine tastings at dinner at a local winery.
End your trip in eccentric San Francisco, exploring the sights of the bay on a sunset catamaran cruise and sailing around the infamous Alcatraz Island and beneath the legendary Golden Gate Bridge.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, the Grand Canyon Conservancy.
Donations help them protect Grand Canyon National Park and support trail restoration, conservation of native plants and wildlife, and educational programs.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 3.
Hotel (5 nights),Lodge (2 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Death Valley National Park Entrance Fee (Seasonal).
Yosemite National Park - Entrance Fee.
Yosemite National Park - Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias.
Yosemite - Pizza Picnic Dinner.
Yosemite National Park - Leader-led hike.
Yosemite National Park - Glacier Point.
Monterey - Leader-led orientation.
Carmel - Winery Tasting & Dinner.
Monterey - Point Lobos State Natural Reserve.
Monterey - California Coastal Highway 1.
San Francisco - Leader-led city tour.
San Francisco - Sunset catamaran cruise.
1 - Las Vegas Welcome to the glitzy desert city of Las Vegas, Nevada! It may be a gambler's paradise, but if the tables aren't your thing, there's still plenty to discover in this neon metropolis. Maybe wander along the famous strip, past impersonators, billboards and hotels to the choreographed Bellagio Fountain show. Hit the chain stores or lose all sense of time exploring the gaudy interiors of hotels like The Venetian, Caesars Palace and New York-New York. Your trip starts at 6 pm tonight with a welcome meeting. After, why not join your fellow travellers for an optional dinner and indulge in some nightlife?
2 - Las Vegas to Fresno This morning, depart Las Vegas and begin your road trip. This is a long driving day and a great opportunity to experience the dramatic change in landscape from the desert to the mountains of California. You'll have plenty of stops to stretch your legs and take photos. The first stop is Death Valley National Park. Don't let the name fool you - this park features huge sand dunes, canyons, sculpted rocks, valleys and volcanic craters. Death Valley is extremely hot and dry (the highest recorded temperature in the world was measured in local Furnace Creek at 56.6 degrees Celsius in 1913), so remember to drink plenty of water and don't overexert yourself. Stop along the way at Zabriskie Point, Badwater Basin and the Mesquite Dunes, where you'll have the chance to explore with some short walks. Continue around the Sierras to the south, where things get much greener. You'll spend the night in Fresno, where you'll have dinner at a local restaurant with your group.
3 - Yosemite National Park This morning, head north to the world-famous Yosemite National Park - featuring colossal granite cliff faces, cascading waterfalls (depending on the season), and sequoia forests, the scenery in Yosemite attracts travellers from all over the globe. When you arrive, wander through the jaw-dropping Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias, home to some of the largest known trees on Earth. These colossal, ancient wonders are adapted for survival - they're resistant to disease, thanks to a large content of tannin in the wood, and their thick asbestos-like bark means that they can withstand the hottest of forest fires, making them almost indestructible. Make the scenic drive into Yosemite Valley and explore sites like Yosemite Falls and the visitor center, before settling in at a local restaurant in Yosemite Valley for a fun pizza dinner and a cold beer (if you fancy).
4 - Yosemite National Park Enjoy a full day to explore the spectacular scenery of Yosemite National Park. The breathtaking landscapes have made Yosemite a favourite among hikers for generations, and there are plenty of trekking routes on offer with varying degrees of difficulty. Your leader will choose a hike based on the group's ability and desires. If you feel like breaking a sweat, the hike to Vernal Falls features plenty of switchbacks and depending on the season, you'll be rewarded with spectacular views of the cascading waterfall beneath the giant Half Dome. Feel like taking it easy? No problem, there are plenty of gentle trails on offer, too. Keep an eye out for squirrels (and watch for bears!) along the way. Make the winding trip up to Glacier Point for incredible views over the valley, Yosemite Falls and Half Dome - don't forget your cameras today, as this is one of the best places in the park to get amazing photos.
5 - Monterey After breakfast this morning, depart Yosemite for coastal California and the haven of Monterey. Your leader will take the group on an orientation walk when you arrive to get your bearings. The rest of the day is free to explore at your own pace - maybe head to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, a popular spot for tourists and locals alike. Tonight, maybe get a recommendation from your leader on one of the best dinner spots in the area or just kick back on the beach and watch the sunset.
6 - California Coast Today you'll head out on a full-day exploration of the glittering coast and the surrounding villages and parks with your group. Make the most of the scenic parks along California Highway 1 and check out Sea Lion Point. Check out the gorgeous local beaches in Point Lobos State Natural Reserve, explore tidepools and relax on the white sands, surrounded by turquoise waters and cliffs. Head out on an easy coastal hike for epic views over the ocean, then cap off the day with a visit to a local winery in the Carmel Valley for a wine tasting and dinner with views of the surrounding vineyard.
7 - San Francisco This morning after breakfast, you'll follow the coast to Santa Cruz, stopping at the famous pier for some free time to grab lunch, sit on the beach and enjoy the vibes. Visit Half Moon Bay for a short beach walk and then carry on to San Fran. When you arrive, head out on a tour of the city and then check in to your hotel for the night. At sunset, you'll hit the water for an incredible catamaran cruise around the bay, with views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island - this is the perfect farewell to a sun kissed Californian adventure. If you like, head out with your fellow travellers for one last dinner.
8 - San Francisco With no activities planned today, your adventure ends this morning. If you'd like to stay longer, just speak to your booking agent.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans