Highlights of Patagonia
From 13/11/2021 to 31/12/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Hike the incredible Laguna de los Tres through thick woodlands, over streams and past granite spires to the famed blue lagoon at the foot of Mount Fitz Roy.
Listen to the thunder as cracks form in the spectacular wall of ice that is Perito Moreno Glacier.
This massive, blue-hued natural wonder is constantly breaking and reforming.
This tour is like a bucket list special on Patagonia, hitting the most-wanted with time to decompress in between sightseeing.
This tour starts with a bang in Buenos Aires, with a walking tour and tango class to make the most of your limited time in the capital.
Trekking is : 7.
Hotel (7 nts).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Buenos Aires - Orientation Walk.
Buenos Aires - Tango class.
El Chalten - Day hike to Laguna de los Tres.
El Calafate - Perito Moreno Glacier day trip.
Day 1 - Buenos Aires Welcome to Buenos Aires, the ultimate cosmopolitan city. With Latin passion, European elegance and a distinctive style, it may well steal your heart. Attend a group meeting at 2 pm. The adventure begins straight after the meeting with a two-hour orientation walk that visits Avenida de Mayo, Cafe Tortoni, Florida Street, Plaza de Mayo (Casa Rosada, Cabildo, Catedral de Buenos Aires) and Plaza Dorrego (San Telmo). Continue to Palermo to participate in a tango class. In a private space a professional tango couple will explain the dance’s origin and history, then give a sultry demonstration. Finally, you’ll have the opportunity to join an hour-long beginner’s class to learn some of the basics. Following the tango class, you may want to head to one of the many parilla's (steak houses) in the area. Transfers back to the hotel are not included however taxis are easy to find and inexpensive.
Day 2 - El Chalten Fly south from Buenos Aires to El Calafate (approximately 3 hours), then travel by van to the frontier town of El Chalten, north of Glacier National Park (approximately 3.5 hours). Hikers and climbers from all around the world congregate here in order to reach the glaciers and mountains. Take it easy and drink in the views today in preparation for your trek tomorrow.
Day 3 - El Chalten / Trekking day Rise and shine for the first day on trekking. Begin with perhaps the most famous of all Patagonia’s trails -- Laguna de los Tres. Ascend from El Calten on an approximately 9-hour trek through incredible landscapes. Walk through woodlands sprouted framed by granite cliff, over crystal-clear streams and towards the three frosted peaks of Mt Fitz Roy. Along the way you’ll see numerous glaciers, but the primary reward on his trek come at the end of a steep climb: glacier de los Tres and the blue lagoon that lies before it at the base of Mt Fitz Roy.
Day 4 - El Chalten / Trekking day Today is as clear as the mountain air, so you can decide whether to recuperate or tackle another trail. If you can’t wait to explore further, then perhaps head out on the Laguna Torre trail. Aside from the first two kilometres, there’s very little ascent on this trail, which leads to a beautiful glacier lake at the base of Cerro Torre. Hiking there and back will take around 7 hours, depending on how many stops you make.
Day 5 - El Chalten / El Calafate Take a private transfer from El Chalten to El Calafate. Use the opportunity to relax and unwind after your two days of adventures on foot. The drive should be around 4 hours, depending on weather and traffic.
Day 6 - El Calafate/Perito Moreno Glacier visit Visit the Perito Moreno Glacier. This is one of the few advancing glaciers in the world and at 3 km (1.8 miles) wide and 35km (21 miles) long is a spectacular sight. Watch and listen to the crack of the ice as it plunges into the waters below. Take the steps of a lifetime as you embark on a guided glacier walk. When it's all over, return to El Calafate for the night.
Day 7 - Buenos Aires Take an included flight back to Buenos Aires. The afternoon is free to further explore the city.
Day 8 - Buenos Aires The trip ends after breakfast.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans