Real North India
From 15/06/2022 to 05/01/2024
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jun Wed 15 2022 to Jun Sat 25 2022AvailableFrom$735*
Jul Wed 20 2022 to Jul Sat 30 2022AvailableFrom$980*
Aug Wed 31 2022 to Sep Sat 10 2022AvailableFrom$931*
Oct Wed 05 2022 to Oct Sat 15 2022AvailableFrom$969*
Oct Wed 19 2022 to Oct Sat 29 2022AvailableFrom$1,020*
Nov Wed 02 2022 to Nov Sat 12 2022AvailableFrom$980*
Nov Wed 16 2022 to Nov Sat 26 2022AvailableFrom$980*
Dec Wed 07 2022 to Dec Sat 17 2022AvailableFrom$1,020*
Dec Tue 20 2022 to Dec Fri 30 2022AvailableFrom$1,020*
Dec Tue 27 2022 to Jan Fri 06 2023AvailableFrom$1,020*
Feb Sun 19 2023 to Mar Wed 01 2023AvailableFrom$1,155*
Mar Sun 05 2023 to Mar Wed 15 2023AvailableFrom$1,110*
Mar Sun 12 2023 to Mar Wed 22 2023AvailableFrom$1,110*
Mar Sun 19 2023 to Mar Wed 29 2023AvailableFrom$1,070*
May Wed 03 2023 to May Sat 13 2023AvailableFrom$1,070*
Capture your best selfie in front of the Taj Mahal – a marble masterpiece and the mother of all mausoleums, this Indian icon is all part of Agra’s allure.
Get among the relaxing vibes of Rishikesh with a one-hour morning Yoga class, then sleep under the starry Indian sky surrounded by nature and mountain views.
Snap pics in front of a slew of ornate pink-hued buildings in the fabulously photogenic Jaipur and opt to float over this pretty city in a hot air balloon.
Let your expert leader navigate you through the busy, bustling and bold streets of Delhi.
With so much going on, a guide should almost be a requirement.
Watch the sunrise on the holy Ganges River in Varanasi for a some: 1.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (6 nights),Overnight sleeper train (3 nights),Camping with basic facilities (1 night).
Auto-rickshaw,Cycle rickshaw,Jeep,Public bus,Private vehicle,Overnight sleeper train,Train.
Age: min 18, max 29.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Delhi - Sheeshganj Gurudwara (Sikh Temple).
Delhi - Leader-led Old Delhi walking & rickshaw tour.
Varanasi - Leader-led Old City walking tour.
Varanasi - Sunrise Ganges boat trip.
Agra - Taj Mahal.
Jaipur - Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Wind).
Jaipur - Amber Fort.
Rishikesh - Yoga class.
Day 1 - Delhi Namaste, welcome to Delhi! Your adventure begins with an important welcome meeting at 6 pm, if you arrive early, there's plenty to do in this wonderfully chaotic city. Wander the streets, sip on your first chai or practice haggling in one of the many markets. If you prefer some structure, there's a variety of Urban Adventure day tours that offer a great first taste of Delhi. Find out more at urbandventures.com
Day 2 - Delhi - Overnight train This morning head out on a walking tour around the commercial heart of Delhi, visiting Chandni Chowk (Sheeshganj Gurudwara) and Connaught Place along the way. Explore Old Delhi on a bicycle rickshaw to dig that little bit deeper. You'll then have some free time to do as much sightseeing as you can, before boarding an overnight sleeper train bound for Varanasi. The journey should take around 13 hours and you'll arrive into Varanasi early in the morning.
Day 3 - Varanasi Arrive into Varanasi early and head straight to the hotel to freshen up before plunging headfirst into this holy city, which is one of the world's oldest. Explore the narrow laneways and backstreets on a walking tour with your guide, before watching the world pass by along the ghats. Your evening is then free to do as you wish.
Day 4 - Varanasi - Overnight train Wake up early and experience one of the highlights of your time in India. This morning, jump in boats and watch the sunrise over the Ganges. Pilgrims bathing, cremation fires and riverside haircuts - India is best before dawn and this is the best way to see it. The rest of your day is free to explore, before catching an overnight train to Agra tonight (approximately 11 hours).
Day 5 - Agra Arrive into Agra early this morning, then head to the most iconic site in India, the Taj Mahal. The highlights of India just keep coming. You have a full day to explore Agra on a motorised rickshaw trip, with Agra Fort being another incredible optional activity in the afternoon. The rest of your day is then free.
Day 6 - Jaipur Jump on a bus this morning and travel for around four hours to Rajasthan's pink capital, Jaipur. On arrival into the city stop off at the Hawa Mahal (pink sandstone palace) before heading to your hotel. Use the opportunity to freshen up and then venture out for a walking tour of the old city. In your spare time, perhaps take an optional tour of the Jaipur City Palace.
Day 7 - Jaipur For many travellers, a hot air balloon experience is one of the highlights of Jaipur. Ballooning can be done over Jaipur on the morning of Day 7, between September and June. For additional information, please see the 'Important notes' section of the Essential Trip Information. Later in the morning, enjoy a guided tour of the medieval Amber Fort with a local guide. Make sure to grab another cup of chai before settling in for this evening's 13-hour overnight train journey. Tonight, you'll hop a train bound for Rishikesh.
Day 8 - Rishikesh Arrive early in to Rishikesh, a spiritual town lying in the verdant foothills of the Himalayas. Embark on an orientation walk with your leader before enjoying free time to roam at your own leisure. Aptly named the 'Yoga Capital of the World', Rishikesh is a great place to relax and seek a little enlightenment. In your free time, why not visit The Beatles Ashram – a spiritual retreat inhabited by the famous band in the sixties. In the evening, perhaps take a stroll along the holy Ganges River as temple bells ring and the nightly fire ritual of Ganga Aarti begins.
Day 9 - Rishikesh This morning, get among the relaxing vibes of Rishikesh and take part in a one-hour yoga class. Afterwards, perhaps tuck into a masala dosa for breakfast before walking or riding it off on one of the trails along the Ganges. For something more adventurous there is the option to white-water raft down the Ganges. In the afternoon, reunite with your group for a walk through the jungle nearby. Tonight, experience sleeping under the stars just outside of Rishikesh, you’ll be staying in a fixed campsite with twin-shared tents and western-style toilets surrounded by nature and mountain views.
Day 10 - Delhi Have a chilled morning at your campsite before returning to Rishikesh where you’ll be able to use a day room to freshen up and have a shower. Spend the rest of the afternoon wandering around Rishikesh before catching an evening train (approximately 5 hours) back to Delhi.
Day 11 - Delhi Your North India adventure ends after breakfast this morning. If you'd prefer to stay on in Delhi a little bit longer, then additional accommodation can be booked prior to travel (subject to availability).
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans