Australia Retreat: Queensland Daintree
From 14/05/2021 to 03/01/2023
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Fri 14 2021 to May Tue 18 2021AvailableFrom$2,601*
May Fri 21 2021 to May Tue 25 2021AvailableFrom$2,628*
Jun Fri 18 2021 to Jun Tue 22 2021AvailableFrom$2,110*
Jun Fri 25 2021 to Jun Tue 29 2021AvailableFrom$2,151*
Jul Fri 16 2021 to Jul Tue 20 2021AvailableFrom$2,133*
Jul Fri 30 2021 to Aug Tue 03 2021AvailableFrom$2,110*
Aug Fri 13 2021 to Aug Tue 17 2021AvailableFrom$2,110*
Aug Fri 27 2021 to Aug Tue 31 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,196*
Sep Fri 10 2021 to Sep Tue 14 2021AvailableFrom$2,133*
Oct Fri 01 2021 to Oct Tue 05 2021AvailableFrom$2,110*
Oct Fri 15 2021 to Oct Tue 19 2021AvailableFrom$2,110*
Oct Fri 29 2021 to Nov Tue 02 2021AvailableFrom$2,110*
Nov Fri 05 2021 to Nov Tue 09 2021AvailableFrom$2,110*
Nov Fri 12 2021 to Nov Tue 16 2021AvailableFrom$2,110*
Nov Fri 19 2021 to Nov Tue 23 2021AvailableFrom$2,110*
Nov Fri 26 2021 to Nov Tue 30 2021AvailableFrom$2,110*
Dec Fri 03 2021 to Dec Tue 07 2021AvailableFrom$2,110*
Dec Fri 10 2021 to Dec Tue 14 2021AvailableFrom$2,110*
Dec Fri 17 2021 to Dec Tue 21 2021AvailableFrom$2,110*
Jan Fri 07 2022 to Jan Tue 11 2022AvailableFrom$2,110*
Jan Fri 21 2022 to Jan Tue 25 2022AvailableFrom$2,110*
Feb Fri 04 2022 to Feb Tue 08 2022AvailableFrom$2,110*
Feb Fri 18 2022 to Feb Tue 22 2022AvailableFrom$2,110*
Mar Fri 04 2022 to Mar Tue 08 2022AvailableFrom$2,110*
Mar Fri 18 2022 to Mar Tue 22 2022AvailableFrom$2,110*
Apr Fri 01 2022 to Apr Tue 05 2022AvailableFrom$2,110*
Urban List editors say: "spend most of the day picking your jaw up off the floor as you explore the world’s oldest (and in our opinion, the most magical) rainforest — including a private area that isn't open to the general public.
Spot crocodiles during a wildlife cruise on Cooper Creek, with expert eyes on board to point out creatures hidden in the forest.
Take a guided walk along the pristine, rainforest-rimmed beach of Cape Tribulation, where Europeans tried and failed to tame the coastal wilderness for hundreds of years.
After warm days spent walking deserted beaches and rambling through the rainforest, relax in the comfort of your 4-star resort accommodation.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 2.
Resort (4 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Cairns - Barron Gorge lookout.
Kuranda - Lunch stop.
Port Douglas - Local dinner.
Port Douglas - Leader-lead orientation walk.
Port Douglas - Trinity Bay lookout.
Cape Tribulation - Lookout & guided walk.
Daintree Rainforest - Guided nature walk.
Daintree Rainforest - Cooper Creek boat trip.
Daintree Rainforest - Heritage restaurant lunch.
Mossman Gorge - Guided rainforest walk.
Kuyu Kuyu - Kuku Yalanji First Nations experience.
Day 1 - Cairns - Kuranda - Port Douglas Welcome to Cairns! Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 11 am. With the formalities out of the way, it’s time to hit the road for Port Douglas, with a couple of stops en route to break up the journey. First up is Barron Gorge lookout that looks over a set of tumbling falls bursting from the rainforest. Spend some time ooh-ing and ah-ing at the lookout, then continue to the town of Kuranda. This little mountain village is the perfect place to grab a quick lunch (not included), before hitting the road again at around 2 pm. Settle back into the vehicle for an approximately 1.5-hour drive along the coast to Port Douglas. Take in views of cliffs covered in distinct native flora on one side and glittering blue ocean on the other, with some photo stops along the way. Arrive at the accommodation and spend a few hours settling in. In the early evening, take an orientation tour around Port Douglas. Stop at Trinity Bay lookout point to admire the perfect crescent of sand and surf in the twilight. Head to a local restaurant for drinks and dinner with your fellow travellers, then return to the resort for the evening.
Day 2 - Daintree Rainforest - Cape Tribulation - Port Douglas Grab breakfast and get ready in time to leave the resort at 8 am, jumping on the ferry and crossing the river into the Daintree Rainforest. Meet up with a local family who live and breathe the rainforest, so much so that they hosted David Attenborough’s documentary crew when they were filming in the area. Spend some time learning from them about the forest, then continue exploring with a cruise along Cooper Creek. Your guide will point out crocodiles, birds and other wildlife while you glide through the water. Stop for an included lunch at a heritage restaurant smack-bang in the middle of the forest. If you need to cool off, there is also time to take a swim before continuing to Cape Tribulation. Take in views over the cape from a lookout, then head down to the beach for a guided walk and to learn about the region’s history. Return to the resort for the evening, where you can grab dinner at one of the restaurants within walking distance or choose to enjoy an optional al fresco dinner experience with Flames of the Forest.
Day 3 - Port Douglas Enjoy a day to explore this tropical paradise at your own pace. There are tonnes of activities on offer today, so be sure to talk to your leader about your options when it comes to snorkelling, reef tours, and nature experiences. Your leader will also be on hand today to provide a transfer to Port Douglas town (and back) at 10 am and 6.30 pm if you want to spend the day shopping or grab dinner. If you’d prefer to move as little as possible, you could always take a day to unwind with spa treatments at the resort or chill by the pool with a book.
Day 4 - Mossman Gorge - Kuyu Kuyu - Port Douglas Grab breakfast before leaving the resort at 8.15 am for a guided walk through the rainforest of Mossman Gorge. Work up an appetite on this gentle 1.5-hour hike, then grab morning tea (not included) before heading to Kuyu Kuyu (Cooya Beach) for an educational experience with a member of the local Kuku Yalanji community. Learn to throw a spear, which plants are edible and how Kuku Yalanji people live in harmony with the ever-shifting landscape. Enjoy lunch, then join an Aboriginal painting class in the afternoon. Learn about the significance of traditional and contemporary art and storytelling to First Nations people and leave with a small souvenir. Return to the resort in the early evening and enjoy a few free hours to relax. Grab dinner tonight with your group and toast to the beauty of the country around you.
Day 5 - Cairns Enjoy breakfast and time for one last swim before a 10 am departure for Cairns. We will make one drop-off stop at Cairns Airport and another at a central hotel in Cairns – before your tour begins please let your Intrepid representative or travel agent know which option you would prefer.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans