Darwin's Litchfield National Park is a natural gem where locals flock to enjoy sunny days during the dry season. Read more...
Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes and surcharges specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a code share partner of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge (see booking terms and conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Flying time from Canberra to Darwin: 4 hours 10 minutes approximately
Distance from CBD: 13km
Taxi: Around $25 to CBD
Public Transport: The Airport Shuttle and public buses service the airport daily.
Currency: Australian Dollar
A 90-minute drive from Darwin, Litchfield National Park is beloved by locals and tourists alike for its picnic and camping facilities. Swim in the natural watering holes, be awed by the majestic waterfall of Wangi Falls and watch lorikeets and cockatoos dart across the sky as you wander along the sandy banks. Litchfield also boasts some fantastic walking trails for those who want to discover more beyond the watering holes.
Buley Rockhole and the springs at Florence Falls are other local favourites during the dry season. Arrive early to guarantee yourself a prime sitting area on the rock formation. The emerald green sandy waterholes are popular with locals on the weekends.
For an iconic bush walk in Darwin, don't miss the Charles Darwin towards Wentworth Falls.
Darwin Airport (DRW)
For helpful information about getting to and from the airport, check-in information and more have a look at our Darwin Airport Guide.
Airlines that fly to Darwin
The following airlines fly to Darwin domestically:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Darwin , see our domestic airline page.
You might also be interested in our international airline guide.