Flights Gold Coast to Melbourne
Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes and surcharges specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a code share partner of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge (see booking terms and conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Flying time from Gold Coast to Melbourne: 2 hours approximately
Distance from CBD: 23km
Taxi: Around $50 to CBD
Public Transport: Shuttle and public buses service both terminals.
Currency: Australian Dollar
Melbourne Avalon Airport
Distance from CBD: 59km
Taxi: Around $118 to CBD
Public Transport: Shuttle buses from Melbourne and Geelong reach the airport daily.
Currency: Australian Dollar
Degraves Street is a distinct alleyway located in the heart of Melbourne's CBD. Within the bustling, graffiti-covered nook you'll find hole-in-the-wall cafes serving freshly made soup, coffee and hearty meals, as well as unique boutiques selling design-driven clothing. Head here for lunch and an afternoon of people watching.
From Degraves, wander through the Block Arcade off Collins Street and immerse yourself in old world charm. The quaint high ceilings and mosaic glass details perfectly reflect Melbourne's British heritage. The arcade is also a haven for quality blown glass, delicate chocolates, hand-made toys and high tea.
Hosier Lane off Flinders Street is a hub for artists and is covered in graffiti paintings. Stroll down the narrow cobblestone street and be awed by the imagination of street artists as they use old buildings as their canvas. Find the art gallery hidden away off the lane to understand the world of street art.
Melbourne Airport (MEL, AVV)
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located within close proximity to Melbourne Airport. Book your Melbourne Airport Accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Melbourne
Melbourne is one of Australia's busiest tourist destinations and as such is accessible from the majority of Australian airports. Airlines that fly domestically to Melbourne are as follows:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Melbourne, see our domestic airline page.
You might also be interested in our international airline guide.