Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website).
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Bookings made online will incur a booking fee of $19.95 per booking for Domestic/Trans-Tasman/South West Pacific and Indonesia bookings and $39 per person for International bookings. Merchant fees (e.g. credit card surcharge) also apply to International bookings made online.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
While Port Moresby may be known as a dry and dusty city, just 30 minutes out from the city you'll find paradise, also known as the Rouna Falls. Green and luscious, the majestic waterfall descends from the Sogeri Plateau provides the ideal introduction to Papua New Guinea. The plateau is also where the famous Kokoda trail begins, while the beautiful Varirata National Park is also located close by.
Consider viewing the falls from above on a helicopter tour. Tours operate regularly from Port Moresby and can reach some of Papua New Guinea's most isolated and beautiful destinations such at the Tufi Fjords, the Owen Standley Rand and the tallest mountain in the country - Mt Wilhelm.
Port Moresby Airport (POM)
Flights from Australia to Port Moresby will disembark at Jacksons International Airport.
Jacksons International Airport (POM) is located 8 kilometres outside Port Moresby. It is the largest and busiest airport in Papua New Guinea and is the main hub for Air Niugini, the national airline of Papua New Guinea.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Jacksons International Airport. Book your Port Moresby Airport accommodation.
Getting to Port Moresby
There are several airlines that offer flights to Port Moresby from Australia. Direct flights from Brisbane take three hours and 10 minutes. Direct flights from Cairns take one hour and 40 minutes. Flights from Sydney via Brisbane take around seven hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Melbourne via Brisbane take around seven hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Perth via Cairns take around eight hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to Port Moresby
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Port Moresby from Australia include:
For more information on Port Moresby holidays check out our Port Moresby travel guide.