Flights Melbourne to Hobart
As Australia's second-oldest capital city, Hobart is home to some of Australia's premier historical sites. Read more...
Flying time from Melbourne to Hobart: 1 hour 20 minutes approximately
Distance from CBD: 17km
Taxi: Around $35 to CBD
Public Transport: Shuttle buses service the airport regularly.
Currency: Australian Dollar
The most famous historic site in Tasmania is the former convict settlement at Port Arthur. Just 60 kilometres from Hobart, a visit to Port Arthur is a great day trip for the whole family. There are a variety of educational tours at Port Arthur that give you a history of the buildings, grounds and what life was like for the convicts detained on site hundreds of years ago.
Other historic sites located near Hobart include the Cape Bruny Lighthouse (on Bruny Island) and the shot tower in Taroona. Constructed in 1836, the Cape Bruny Lighthouse is the second-oldest lighthouse in Australia and offers visitors breathtaking views of the island and surrounding areas. The Hobart shot tower was built in 1870 and is the last remaining circular sandstone shot tower in the world. Walk the 259-step circular staircase for a unique view of the Derwent River, stop by the museum to learn about the history of the shot tower or grab a hot beverage in the tearoom
For those interested in the paranormal, consider taking a ghost tour of Port Arthur at night.
Hobart Airport (HBA)
For helpful information about getting to and from the airport, check-in information and more have a look at our Hobart Airport Guide.
Airport Accommodation: Hobart's CBD, where the majority of accommodation is located, is about 20 minutes drive from the airport. Book your Hobart Accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Hobart
The following airlines fly to Hobart domestically:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Hobart, see our domestic airline page.
You might also be interested in our international airline guide.
Subject to availability
Find it fast
Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes and surcharges specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a code share partner of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge (see booking terms and conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Talk to an Airfare Expert about flights from Melbourne to Hobart
- Are Airfare Experts
- Are based in Australia
- Can answer your questions
about fare types and inclusions
- Can find exclusive packages to
save you money
Find a storeClose
Instant call backClose
Thanks, got it!Close
- Domestic Flights »
- International Flights »
- Round the World »
- Multi-stop Flights »
- International Airpass »
Lowest Airfare Guarantee »If you find a cheaper available
airfare quote and we don't beat it,
we will fly you to your destination
for free. Find out more...