Flights from Melbourne to Sydney
As a modern, multicultural city, Sydney is blessed with a rich smorgasbord of flavours. From authentic Thai and Vietnamese eateries to succulent fresh local seafood and world-class fine dining, the capital city has something for everyone. Read more...
Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes and surcharges specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a code share partner of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge (see booking terms and conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Flying time from Melbourne to Sydney: 1 hour 30 minutes approximately
Distance from CBD: 9km
Taxi: Around $36 to CBD
Public Transport: Trains, shuttle buses and public buses service both terminals.
Currency: Australian Dollar
With its pretty tree-lined streets and fairy lights, Sydney's Chinatown is the place to go for yum cha or Chinese seafood banquets. The best day to visit is Friday when the streets come alive with sizzling food stalls for the night market. The suburb of Newtown is also a popular hub for Thai food, while the streets of Cabramatta are filled with Vietnamese restaurants serving steaming hot pho, a traditional beef noodle soup piled high with bean sprouts and fresh herbs.
For a meal with a view, food lovers flock to Sydney's most prestigious inner-city restaurants. Tantalise all the senses at Quay, which was recently voted Australia's best restaurant. It is here that diners enjoy imaginative modern cuisine while overlooking the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. For a fresh perspective on the city, try 360 Bar and Dining, a revolving restaurant at the top of Sydney Tower with panoramic views across the city skyline.
If you're not sure where to start, consider a gourmet city tour or even a cooking class.
Sydney Airport (SYD)
For helpful information about getting to and from the airport, check-in information and more have a look at our Sydney Airport Guide.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located within close proximity to Sydney Airport. Book your Sydney Airport Accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Sydney
Australia's most visited city is also not surprisingly home to the country's busiest airport. The domestic airlines that fly into Sydney Airport are listed below.
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Sydney, see our domestic airline page.
You might also be interested in our international airline guide.
You might also be interested in Sydney to Melbourne Flights