Morocco Retreat: Ouirgane
From 02/09/2022 to 26/12/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Fri 02 2022 to Sep Mon 05 2022AvailableFrom$630*
Sep Fri 16 2022 to Sep Mon 19 2022AvailableFrom$630*
Sep Fri 30 2022 to Oct Mon 03 2022AvailableFrom$630*
Oct Fri 14 2022 to Oct Mon 17 2022AvailableFrom$645*
Oct Fri 28 2022 to Oct Mon 31 2022AvailableFrom$630*
Nov Fri 11 2022 to Nov Mon 14 2022AvailableFrom$630*
Nov Fri 25 2022 to Nov Mon 28 2022AvailableFrom$630*
Dec Fri 09 2022 to Dec Mon 12 2022AvailableFrom$630*
Dec Fri 23 2022 to Dec Mon 26 2022AvailableFrom$630*
Tap into the nomadic spirit of the Imazighen (Berbers) with a hike through the red earth hills and green-dotted valleys of a place that feels beyond the reach of the modern world.
Break bread with a local Imazighen family in their village, and get an insight into daily life in the High Atlas region.
Learn the secrets behind tea, tanorte and tagine with a cooking demonstration and, best of all, feast on the delicious dishes for lunch.
Enjoy the comfort of your locally owned, unpack-once accommodation, where you’ll experience traditional Amazigh (Berber) hospitality and the small touches that make all the difference.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 3.
Comfort style hotel (3 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Ouirgane - Welcome Lamb Dinner.
High Atlas Mountains - Guided Hike.
Ouirgane - Lunch with Local Family.
Ouirgane - Tagine & Bread Baking Cooking Class with Moroccan Tea Making Demonstration.
Education For All (Intrepid Foundation Project) project talk.
Day 1 - Marrakech / Ouirgane Start your Retreat with a welcome meeting at 11 am this morning, followed by the journey from the city to your accommodation in Ouirgane (approximately 1.5 hours). Welcome to the serene foothills of the High Atlas Mountains. Ouirgane is a place of peace and calm and a welcome escape from the bustling chaos of Marrakech city life. Settle into your own oasis for the next few nights. Your retreat is a locally owned, traditional Amazigh (Berber) guest house, built in the time-honoured style and full of character and the small touches that make all the difference. This truly is a home from home, and the bar, reading room, rose bush-surrounded swimming pool, and backdrop of olive trees and mountains will make it hard to even leave to explore. There will be a traditional, delicious dinner at the guesthouse, when the smells of lamb tagine, homemade bread and oranges with cinnamon fill the air.
Day 2 - High Atlas Mountains / Ouirgane Get your energy up at breakfast this morning reading for a half-day hike in the beautiful landscape of the High Atlas Mountains (approximately 3 hours). Explore the surrounds that feel beyond the reach of the modern world. The red earth hills and valleys are dotted with green pines and terraced farmland of almonds, cherry and apple trees. You’ll navigate boulders and crags, running streams, and pass through traditional Amazigh villages on the way, waving to the villagers as they go about their daily lives. Learn more about local life here as you finish your hike with lunch shared with a local Imazighen family (Berber people). Rest your legs back at the guesthouse with an afternoon to relax and soak up the atmosphere and the view of lake and mountains before another delectable dinner.
Day 3 - Ouirgane After breakfast this morning you’ll get a chance to learn the secrets behind the delicious dishes you’ve been feasting on the last couple of days. Join in with a cooking class at the guesthouse and get a demonstration of how to make Morocco’s signature tea, using mint grown right here in the garden. Then, because bread baking is a key part of Amazigh life, learn how they work the dough to make a special type of bread called Tanorte. If that wasn’t delicious enough, get the inside info behind the iconic dish of the Imazighen, and Morocco as a whole – the tagine. Learn all the secret spices and techniques as it’s cooked outside over a wood fire. Then comes the best part – eating everything you’ve helped make for lunch. The rest of the afternoon is free, maybe join one of the optional activities detailed below, or snooze off your lunch by the pool in the shade of the trees.
Day 4 - Ouirgane / Marrakech Make the most of the guesthouse surrounds during your final breakfast, before you depart for Marrakech. On your way back, your Tour Leader will lecture you about an Intrepid Foundation-backed project – which your trip helps support – called Education For All, which helps girls from remote villages in this region access an education.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans